Hi,
I just became aware and interested in hammock camping over the last few months. Was planning on buying a hammock, as I thought It would definitely be too difficult to sew my own. After browsing what's available, I didn't find any design that was exactly what I wanted. I don't know exactly what I want, or how to do it, and that's why I am here.

I'm located in the northern US, and am planning to hit the road once again by winter, or rather late fall, or maybe earlier fall. This time however, I am planning on travelling by bicycle. I'm thinking of not only building my hammock and tarp, etc, but also my saddlebags.

I've been lurking these forums for quite a while now, and have gleaned quite a bit. But I think it's time for me to get more involved and find some guidance and help. I'm going to post some detailed threads about fabrics I have, and questions on what I should get, and also design considerations for my hammock/tarp system.

Please feel free to answer in detail, refer me to other posts or links, or just ignore me.

Anyways,
-Ano