Sheltowee & WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

WBBB mods?

Hi all!

Well I love my WBB 1.7, excellent hammock! Comfortable, light, that pretty much says it all!

But I got to thinking, "What would I change?" Two things I guess, and I thought I'd check in with the rest of the WBBB clan to see what your thoughts and experiences are with this.

1. The shelf - I love the shelf, it stops me from having most of my stuff dangling from the ridgline. But I wish the top of the shelf was silnylon instead of bug netting. I worry about two things with the netting - one, that the corner of my glasses or something could tear through it - if a triangular piece of material was on top it would both eliminate the tear concern and perhaps provide a little water resistance for the items in the shelf, just in case some water dripped there.

2. The pull-outs - Mine get a little tangled and I'm always staring at that ring, shockcord and all trying to decipher it. Has anyone changed it out for anything else?

Other than that I wouldn't mind a tab at the footbox so I could connect it to the UQ so it doesn't pop above the UQ, but that's easy enough to do.

Thanks for any of your advice on this! Keep hangin'!

GreenT/jlara

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    I notice the tangly pll out problem on my new wbbb as well. I haven't swapped them yet but I've considered it. Rather than changing them I may just get in the habit of bundling them seperately and securing with a strip of double sided velcro.. You could sew the velcro to the hammock near the pull out so the bundle stays where you want it.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    To address the tangling issue I place one tie out inside the black bird and zip it up and leave the shelf pull out on the outside. haven't had any issues with the two pull outs tangling together yet.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    To address the tangling issue I place one tie out inside the black bird and zip it up and leave the shelf pull out on the outside. haven't had any issues with the two pull outs tangling together yet.
    +1. This is also what I do.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Excellent idea! If I tuck the zip side tie-out inside just as I'm storing the WBBB that'll keep them separated. Great idea! Thanks!

I'm off for a couple of nights with the WBBB and I'll try that tonight

j

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    I've had some issues with my UQ ending up on one side or the other of me from when I toss and turn throughout the night. I'm considering adding small grosgrain loops on either side at about shoulder level to clip the UQ too with small S-biners or something.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    +2 for me.

Mods I've made: I shortened my ridgeline about 3", more comfortable for ME. & I took the ring off the cord on the tie out on the entry side, leaving it on the elastic cord, I then hooked on a mini biner (From JRB) to attach the elastic to the cord loop, so I can release the tie out if need be without even getting out of the hammock. Great for throwing back the bug netting to just sit n read. When bugs aren't a problem that is.
    I also added a ridgeline net bag for keeping my mini generator light & ear plugs where I can easily find them. My C-phone also sometimes goes in there.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    +2 for me.

Mods I've made: I shortened my ridgeline about 3", more comfortable for ME. & I took the ring off the cord on the tie out on the entry side, leaving it on the elastic cord, I then hooked on a mini biner (From JRB) to attach the elastic to the cord loop, so I can release the tie out if need be without even getting out of the hammock. Great for throwing back the bug netting to just sit n read. When bugs aren't a problem that is.
    I also added a ridgeline net bag for keeping my mini generator light & ear plugs where I can easily find them. My C-phone also sometimes goes in there.
    The removable tie-out on zipper side is an excellent idea - I'm always getting tangled up when I get out, especially at night. I'll throw a heavy duty mitten hook in my pack and add it as the connection to the ring when I get out later today...actually it probably doesn't need the ring anymore.

I've always wondered about the ridgeline length issue - what did you notice to make you want to change the length of the ridgeline? What feels different when you shorten or lengthen the line? Is ridgeline length usually related to person's height?

John

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    Raul, I do that too. My problem happens when I throw the net over the ridge line. I think I'll try doctari's biner idea.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jlara View Post
    The removable tie-out on zipper side is an excellent idea - I'm always getting tangled up when I get out, especially at night. I'll throw a heavy duty mitten hook in my pack and add it as the connection to the ring when I get out later today...actually it probably doesn't need the ring anymore.

I've always wondered about the ridgeline length issue - what did you notice to make you want to change the length of the ridgeline? What feels different when you shorten or lengthen the line? Is ridgeline length usually related to person's height?

John
    Thanks.

Ive noticed right ankle,,,,, pressure, since I got the WBBB, but a slightly sprained ankle at the Hoosier hang earlier this year made it more noticeable,,, possibly slowing the sprain heal time. So after another post here at HF, I did a temporary ridgeline shortening of only about 2" That made quite a bit of difference, so I shortened the ridgeline (by actually re-tying it) a total of about 3" I no more pressure.
    Ridge line length is probably related to a persons height, but it's also connected to weight AND personal preference, so You have to experiment & see what works for YOU. Brandon (Warbonnet Guy) & I are about the same height, but he is lighter than me. I figure the ridgeline is set to his preference
    I like the line a bit shorter thereby giving me more sag. YMMV!
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast