Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I know that sounds crazy, but there were some really good prices, and I want them for my grandkids.
    Grandpa BillyBob58 - I finally found you! I'm the grandkid you knew nothing about! Just forward a SS to me c/o hammockforums.net and I'll keep quiet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    Grandpa BillyBob58 - I finally found you! I'm the grandkid you knew nothing about! Just forward a SS to me c/o hammockforums.net and I'll keep quiet.
    Grandchild Roche, where you been all this time!

Hey, BTW, I see you also have the HH Explorer UL AND a DJ XL.

Whatcha think, comfort wise and/or other difs?
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    BillyBob58 I must confess once I am asleep I am practically dead, I also am asleep just before my eyes close 90% of the time. As for lounging which I have done a little today in the expedition, and I also setup the safari next to the expedition, and everything you pointed out is evident. That said the only time I see the smaller one being an issue is a slow paced hike or waiting out a storm. I also have the old snap-on expedition 2.5 which I gave to my girlfriends son he wants to replace his bed with a hammock. I will be replacing it with either an explorer sized HH or dare I say a warbonnet I have one scheduled to be delivered tomorrow thanks to pelletgun. I try to keep gear for 4 due to the nieces, nephews, and cousins in the military when they have some leave.

I see my self using the expedition the most this summer as it will fit in my fishing pack the best for the weekend fishing hikes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hey, BTW, I see you also have the HH Explorer UL AND a DJ XL. Whatcha think, comfort wise and/or other difs?
    The Deep Jungle is a delight. The ease of slipping the pad between the layers and having it stay put is a great feature. And the silky smooth fabric is pure luxury. The zip entrance is a nice change but a DJ with velcro bottom entrance would not be a deal breaker. That being said the DJ is my go to hammock.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weird1 View Post
    BillyBob58 I must confess once I am asleep I am practically dead, I also am asleep just before my eyes close 90% of the time. As for lounging which I have done a little today in the expedition, and I also setup the safari next to the expedition, and everything you pointed out is evident. That said the only time I see the smaller one being an issue is a slow paced hike or waiting out a storm......
    I hear ya, Weird1! Before I went crazy over hammocks and had to try a bunch of different models( and dif insulation), all I had for 2 separate week long BP trips was my HH Explorer UL bottom entry and SS. And I was tickled pink. I was just way comfortable and getting profoundly deep restful sleep in the wilderness. I mean, how much more comfortable can you get than "way comfortable"? Well, a little bit-- and maybe in a wider range of positions. Still, I was perfectly happy- compared to my tents- with that Explorer and would have stayed happy if that had been my only choice.

And who knows if a shorter model would have been still good enough, and saved me a bit of weight and volume also?
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22