Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    HG 3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    I love my double. The extra fabric on the sides ends up in my face, and it bothered me for about 2 minutes. Then I fell asleep. I'm 6', 195 lbs.

Hammock
    bannana
    Tarp
    n/a
    Insulation
    n/a
    Suspension
    n/a

PiggyBak!

hey guys, im kinda piggybaking off of this outstanding post.

just trying to get a general idea, already kind of set on the dryfly n doublenest as my first set, and after rooting around got a price tag of 128.90 total(thats with reason?). now to me this is mid range, i did the research, i like wbbb and such but not within wallet range as of yet. im thinking of just forgoing the slappstraps and going whoopie?

any pointers? on which suspension would be most forgiving, and such.
    thanks and then some i knwo this is subjective per person. but something midrange for suspension...budget is a concern (isnt it always) but i also believe in the buy one cry once. so enuf of my rambling. your thoughts? and thanks!
    Rah

onl reason why i stated im kinda set is becuase of the plethera of options. knowing me i can drool all day over every different set. but with that being said. go for it. im always up for another chance to be swayed...pun? bleh.
    I'm a Hammocker stuck in a tenter's body.....

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ears View Post
    im thinking of just forgoing the slappstraps and going whoopie?
    Good idea as the slap straps are known to stretch, which is not a good thing. Instead get some actual tree huggers by either DIYing them yourself or buying them from one of our fabulous dealers here.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    I upgraded from an ENO Single to a WBBB, but I think the largest factor for me was the stretch of the Slap-straps. I also personally found the SN a bit constricting, so I would advise going with the double. The option to lie diagonally (flat) is very attractive to most hammockers, plus, you can always lie in line with the ridgeline to "enclose" the hammock around you a bit more.

Absolutely DO NOT buy the Slap-straps in the 1st place. If you must have them, buy them from me because I'm desperate to get rid of mine ! Whoopies are amongst the lightest, easiest to adjust, and most popular options for suspension, and you can basically pay for them with the funds saved by not buying Slap-straps. They may seem more complicated, but they are actually far easier once you get them attached. The Slap-straps only allow you to connect at fixed length intervals. This often prevents you from adjusting to the perfect sag. It also elevates tree selection to an art-form, and when all is said and done, you still have the stretch to deal with !
    "The Road goes ever on and on,
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can.
    Pursuing it with eager feet
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say."
    ~Bilbo Baggins - LotR

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12