Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member stefprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Suspension
    Webbing/Carabiners
    Posts
    353
    Images
    2

    Rochester, NY: Anyone down this weekend?

    Looking for somebody to hit the trails, any trails, with this weekend Friday and Saturday night. I'm 19, looking to hike at least moderately fast, and check out some cool spots hopefully. If anyone has any good recommendations for places to go near Rochester, NY, or know any good websites to find hiking partners, please let me know! Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member crazy_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Hammock
    ENO-HH-Gatherd
    Tarp
    http://www.hammock
    Suspension
    Rings-webbing
    Posts
    52
    ChimneyBluff’s out passed Sodus is nice.
    Its about 35mins east down RT104 from you. Turn Left at the 104 / 414 juc and 3mls down the road.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
    01 R1
    01 CBR929
    08DRZSM
    07BMW F650GS
    92 DR650 24-7 365
    03 KTM 450EXC

  3. #3
    Senior Member DuctTape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Posts
    2,046
    Images
    2
    I would totally be up with joining you but I just got back from a 3-day trip to the West Canada Lakes and am preparing for a 10-day trip on the NPT. Thus the wife has me home for the next week and a half. There are a ton of great places not too far away. If you want some more specific ideas send me a PM.

  4. #4
    Administrator Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, NY
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    3,055
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_dave View Post
    ChimneyBluff’s out passed Sodus is nice.
    Its about 35mins east down RT104 from you. Turn Left at the 104 / 414 juc and 3mls down the road.
    Not to sidetrack this thread, but are you doing a seat stander in your avatar? Where in NY are you from?

  5. #5
    Administrator Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, NY
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    3,055
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    Looking for somebody to hit the trails, any trails, with this weekend Friday and Saturday night. I'm 19, looking to hike at least moderately fast, and check out some cool spots hopefully. If anyone has any good recommendations for places to go near Rochester, NY, or know any good websites to find hiking partners, please let me know! Thanks.
    I wish I could this weekend but already have plans. If you ever want to hike on the LT I'll be going out A LOT starting mid-July, you are welcome to come along some time...

  6. #6
    Member crazy_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Hammock
    ENO-HH-Gatherd
    Tarp
    http://www.hammock
    Suspension
    Rings-webbing
    Posts
    52
    Im out by North Rose NY.
    I have a few different bikes but that old (92) DR650 is my favorite. Nobody looks twice at you (unless in a wheelie LOL) low maintenance and a bullet proof motor.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
    01 R1
    01 CBR929
    08DRZSM
    07BMW F650GS
    92 DR650 24-7 365
    03 KTM 450EXC

  7. #7
    Administrator Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, NY
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    3,055
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_dave View Post
    Im out by North Rose NY.
    I have a few different bikes but that old (92) DR650 is my favorite. Nobody looks twice at you (unless in a wheelie LOL) low maintenance and a bullet proof motor.
    Cool, we have a couple bikes in our garage. 2002 GSXR 600 and a 2005 GSXR 750. It's how my fiancée and I met, out riding motorcycles, the 600 is hers. I did the whole stunt riding thing a few years back and knew some guys out in western NY that were into it.

  8. #8
    Member crazy_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Hammock
    ENO-HH-Gatherd
    Tarp
    http://www.hammock
    Suspension
    Rings-webbing
    Posts
    52
    cornfield mafia? I still have a CBR929 stunter and an R1 that I rip out every once in a while. Great bikes but I love the dual sports. There’s just something very fun about being able to go down the road, into a field, thru a back yard, up some stairs and down an ally that makes me smile from beginning to end of the ride.

    You’re a lucky man. I’ve quit counting how many GF I’ve lost do to riding. For some reason I can’t find one that get into it the way I do. You ever ride the Ilion gorge? Man thats a great little road. It only about 7 or 8 miles long but its got alot corners/ switchbacks, mini dragon.
    Last edited by crazy_dave; 06-29-2011 at 07:19.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
    01 R1
    01 CBR929
    08DRZSM
    07BMW F650GS
    92 DR650 24-7 365
    03 KTM 450EXC

  9. #9
    Administrator Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, NY
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    3,055
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_dave View Post
    cornfield mafia? I still have a CBR929 stunter and an R1 that I rip out every once in a while. Great bikes but I love the dual sports. There’s just something very fun about being able to go down the road, into a field, thru a back yard, up some stairs and down an ally that makes me smile from beginning to end of the ride.

    You’re a lucky man. I’ve quit counting how many GF I’ve lost do to riding. For some reason I can’t find one that get into it the way I do. You ever ride the Ilion gorge? Man thats a great little road. It only about 7 or 8 miles long but its got alot corners/ switchbacks, mini dragon.
    They called themselves CNYStunters, one of them bought my old 636.

    Oh yeah, I have ridden the gorge many many times. I'm the administrator of a website called www.ride-ny.com , check it out sometime. I have been road riding since I was 16. I have been to the real dragon about 18 times or so I would guess...

    Sorry for the thread jacking Stefprez!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Middlebury, IN
    Hammock
    G-Bird II
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    AHE TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoop dutch!
    Posts
    6,257
    Images
    46
    HIJACK!!!
    Good luck Stef.

Similar Threads

  1. Hi from Rochester, MI
    By ajmac in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 08:26
  2. Newbie in Rochester, NY
    By Patsy4fingers in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 07:44
  3. Anyplace to hang near Rochester, NY?
    By Gideon in forum Northeast
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 23:10
  4. Greetings from Rochester, NY!
    By Jpack1224 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 20:49
  5. Hey From Rochester NY
    By -FiveFiveSix- in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 19:11

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •