Hammock
    Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Cuban w/ Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Whatever I wore that day. I will bring extra underwear if more than one night out and rinse as needed.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I typically sleep in all the clothes I hike in. Which is, t-shirt, swim trunks, cheapo running tights, and the only thing I switch out is my socks for my thick cottom socks to sleep in (no wool cause I'm cheap) I usually add a thin fleece long sleeve which is the only other piece of clothing besids my wind jacket that I bring down to about 50ish. Colder and I add another jacket, usually fleece. So far I've always slept in all my clothes except socks and underwear to air out. This is how I take my imprvised TQ so far. If I'm not gonna sleep in it, which is the coldest part of the trip, I brought to much.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    on my AT hike earlier this spring, i brought my columbia packable pants (wore on rainy days aswell) a t-shirt, extra wool socks and an under armour beanie. i always washed up before bed and like something decently clean to get in to at night for comfort.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle

Scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    Unless they are really dirty I usually sleep in what I wore on the trail. That being said I'm in a cheap sleeping bag I don't care about.

I usually have a second polypro tshirt I can put on at night. I've also been toying with looking into some scrubs, the bottoms anyway, for camping PJ's I've always heard they're super comfy.
    For summer:
    I work in a hospital and have...uh...access to scrubs. Something about the material is VERY quick drying. I once arrived at work and had to walk through a torrential downpour to get in the building. Forgot my umbrella. I was drenched. Within 10 minutes the scrubs were drying out. Anyway, from that lesson I sleep in scrub pants and a cotton t-shirt. The shirt doesn't much matter but I don't like sweaty legs touching and scrubs solve that problem when it's hot. When it gets above 80 at night, I pull the pant legs up above my knees. During the day, they air out quite nicely too.

So give 'em a try; they are certainly cheap enough and you can always cut off length as needed. Pretty light weight too if you can get a hold of some "real" ones.
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

Don't you get cold?

I'm really surprised by the number of people who wear their clothes to sleep in. Don't you get cold?

I'm in my fifties and have come from a long line of people who live and work in the Canada's north. The rule for everyone I have ever known has been to change clothes before going to bed.

The typical tale for someone who wears their clothes to bed is they wake up at around 2-3 AM freezing! By that time the moisture in their clothing has used up your body heat and you wake up. It takes a few hours but it always happens. When taking out scouts and my own children, I've always insisted that they change just to stay warm. Even at 35 degrees below.

The issue hasn't been cleanliness or personal hygiene, its been staying warm.

Maybe its different now in the era of hi-tech fabrics and the collection of body moisture in fabrics isn't a problem. But I don't think I'll try it.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I carry a a pair of gym shorts, cheap WW wicking sports shirt, and wool boot socks. If I get warm the socks are off and the rest of me usually cools down nicely afterwards. I'll pick up extra water to give my trail clothes a quick rinse and line dry to air out. Really helps cut down on the trail funk.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Images
    underwear and socks in winter, but i sleep ON my clothes so they are dry and warm in the morn.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    My hiking clothes definitely need to air out. I will even wash them if I have the opportunity. I have to have clothes to change into before bed because I like the feel of clean sheets so to speak. I usually pack UA or Polartec baselayers depending on the time of year. I like pants and long sleeve shirts all year long too. I haven't had much of a problem with over heating around here. Things might be different if I was camping in lower elevations though.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I'm ex-military, so used to having to bail outta bed and do whatever in the middle of the night. Also used to carrying everything on my back when I'm outdoors as well.

During the summer, I sleep in lightweight cotton (breathable) pajama pants and a t-shirt.

During the winter, sweatpants, t-shirt or long-john shirt, wool socks, and if needed a balaclava style headwrap.

All of which are carried in for the specific purpose for sleeping in.

I usually bathe or clean up before changing into clean clothes for sleeping. WAY warmer and gives me a much better sleep than sleeping in what I wore during the day.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Warm weather = REI wicking t-shirt that's my dedicated "sleep wear", undies, and sometimes a pair of lightweight sport shorts. No socks.
    Colder weather = REI or Smartwool long underwear top & bottom, wool socks, Black rock beanie.
    I have the luxury of a big river dry bag for my clothes, but I do try to get as much mileage out of them as possible. I hate staying in my sweaty/wet river clothes in camp, so I change into clean (cleaner) clothes once gear is hauled & camp is set up.
    KJ

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast