Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Hammock
    DIY Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Z Lite + SPE
    Suspension
    Straps, whoops
    Posts
    394

    Switchback in SoCal?

    Taking a page out of patentdoc's book (and his posting about trying a Switchback in his neck of the woods), does anyone have a Switchback in SoCal that I could take a look at? I'd really appreciate it. I'm between this one and another hammock and am having trouble deciding.

    SoCal Mike

  2. #2
    Senior Member millarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    Posts
    475
    I hope you find a SB to demo Mike. I love my SB. A friend got a Blackbird and I got to test it. For me, no comparison. I like to open both my zippers to adjust things and it doesn't matter which is the head end. Just hang it then figure it out. I also have a great view. The WBBB seemed a little "wall-y" to me.
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    2,006
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Mike View Post
    Taking a page out of patentdoc's book (and his posting about trying a Switchback in his neck of the woods), does anyone have a Switchback in SoCal that I could take a look at? I'd really appreciate it. I'm between this one and another hammock and am having trouble deciding.

    SoCal Mike
    I just may be able to help you if you can wait about a week. I am flying today from NY to San Fransisco and will be doing about a weeks worth of hammock camping in Northern CA. I will then be flying to SoCal and will be staying for a week in the Temecula area. I am bringing my Switchback Classic 1.1 Dbl. I might even be able to slip out for a night of camping if you're interested. Either way, we could hook up for a Switchback demo if you're close enough.

    I'll send you my contact info if it's a go. I'm leaving the east coast about 2:30 my time today but will have smart phone access after that.

    Miguel

    PS I sent you my contact info
    Last edited by Miguel; 07-03-2011 at 11:01.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Hammock
    DIY Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Z Lite + SPE
    Suspension
    Straps, whoops
    Posts
    394

    Switchback in SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I just may be able to help you if you can wait about a week. I am flying today from NY to San Fransisco and will be doing about a weeks worth of hammock camping in Northern CA. I will then be flying to SoCal and will be staying for a week in the Temecula area. I am bringing my Switchback Classic 1.1 Dbl. I might even be able to slip out for a night of camping if you're interested. Either way, we could hook up for a Switchback demo if you're close enough.

    I'll send you my contact info if it's a go. I'm leaving the east coast about 2:30 my time today but will have smart phone access after that.

    Miguel

    PS I sent you my contact info
    Thanks, Miguel. That should work pretty nicely. I'm not very far from Temecula. I got your contact information and will be in touch. Thanks so much!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Hammock
    DIY Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Z Lite + SPE
    Suspension
    Straps, whoops
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by millarky View Post
    I hope you find a SB to demo Mike. I love my SB. A friend got a Blackbird and I got to test it. For me, no comparison. I like to open both my zippers to adjust things and it doesn't matter which is the head end. Just hang it then figure it out. I also have a great view. The WBBB seemed a little "wall-y" to me.
    Thanks, Millarky. I tell you, deciding which hammock to grab has been a much more difficult decision than I thought it'd be.

Similar Threads

  1. Hello from SoCal
    By Mike H in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 23:00
  2. Hello from SoCal
    By DoubleTTCamper in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 12:57
  3. Sup From SoCal
    By 951Hanger in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 18:56
  4. New from SoCal
    By Sabatier in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 15:45
  5. Greetings from SoCal!
    By Swing Theory in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 09:48

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •