Hammock
    HH Expedition zip, WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images

It's HERE!!!!

Ok so I got a hammock for my Hubby, and to make a long story short nether of us liked it.
    Here's the long story.
    I have a HH and he said "I like yours but its to small" I think I know of the perfect hammock for you! the WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.7oz (olive green w/webbing) I billed it "the Cadillac of hammocks" ,ordered it a week and half ago and it showed up today!!!! I think I'm more excited then he is.
    Well he threw the box on the bed and said here. I jumped up ripping open the box while running down the stairs to the backyard. Yelling "its here! Come on I'll show you how to set it up!!"
    The screen door slammed behind me as he said " I have stuff to do first." "But I want to show you this" I said, he replied " I'll be right back" as he was pulling out of the drive.
    So I waited.........a whole 2 min! I had it set up and in love in about 3 min !!!!!
    he came home about 15 min later and I yelled "come here come here,COME HERE!!!!" almost jumping up and down like a little kid! I got back a "wait a min! "
    That man is killing me now!!!!! well he finely came out and I proceeded to ramble off how to set it up(easy w/ the webbing and binners) and the tie outs. then I had to take a breath and repeat everything cus he said I sounded like a chipmunk on crack!!
    he layed down and a short Q&A he's oooohhhhh ooooowwww WOW! I like!!!! It's so Big and roomy! I was so happy for him. now I secretly hope he maybe a ground lover so I can have it!!!
    formally known as "carolb"
    Spread the love baby, Spread the Love!
    Get the Ketchup!

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    or you can buy yourself one, so as not to be tempted into 'accidently' taking his on a hike..
    KM(who is laughing as I read your story to my own DH- who patiently listens to all my HF read-alouds)

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    I already thought of that! LOL he can't hike anymore so.........
    Get the Ketchup!

Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    Brilliant story! made me chuckle this morning, thanks for that
    You are so cool - buying him a "Cadillac"

Wish my missus was so enthusiastic about gear, i can't even get her to buy a cd from my wish list.... - so cottage gear is out of the question(but as long as she puts up with all my gear rambling and want to go hiking/camping - she' a keeper in my book)
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow & Poenix
    Suspension
    Web Strap
    'Chipmunk on crack', love it!!!

I hope you guys enjoy the hammock and he lets you get some hang time in it...

JimT

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    That is one thoughtful gift!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by carolb View Post
    Ok so I got a hammock for my Hubby, and to make a long story short nether of us liked it.
    Here's the long story.
    I have a HH and he said "I like yours but its to small" I think I know of the perfect hammock for you! the WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.7oz (olive green w/webbing) I billed it "the Cadillac of hammocks" ,ordered it a week and half ago and it showed up today!!!! I think I'm more excited then he is.
    Well he threw the box on the bed and said here. I jumped up ripping open the box while running down the stairs to the backyard. Yelling "its here! Come on I'll show you how to set it up!!"
    The screen door slammed behind me as he said " I have stuff to do first." "But I want to show you this" I said, he replied " I'll be right back" as he was pulling out of the drive.
    So I waited.........a whole 2 min! I had it set up and in love in about 3 min !!!!!
    he came home about 15 min later and I yelled "come here come here,COME HERE!!!!" almost jumping up and down like a little kid! I got back a "wait a min! "
    That man is killing me now!!!!! well he finely came out and I proceeded to ramble off how to set it up(easy w/ the webbing and binners) and the tie outs. then I had to take a breath and repeat everything cus he said I sounded like a chipmunk on crack!!
    he layed down and a short Q&A he's oooohhhhh ooooowwww WOW! I like!!!! It's so Big and roomy! I was so happy for him. now I secretly hope he maybe a ground lover so I can have it!!!
    i share your joy! chipmunk on crack - good gear will do that to you! thanks for the positive vibes of your post

Quote Originally Posted by KerMegan View Post
    or you can buy yourself one, so as not to be tempted into 'accidently' taking his on a hike..
    KM(who is laughing as I read your story to my own DH- who patiently listens to all my HF read-alouds)
    KM - same thing at my house - my hubby has to hear me read daily HF posts and watch videos with me i think he is listening, but in reality is probably hearing a Phillies game in his head!
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bchboy1206 View Post
    'Chipmunk on crack', love it!!!
    You beat me to it! Never heard that line, but am definitely gonna have to use it some time.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    You beat me to it! Never heard that line, but am definitely gonna have to use it some time.

Rain Man

your more the welcome. I'm starting to think I should use that as a trail name cus he says I sound like that alot!
    Get the Ketchup!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Wow, I wish my wife was as enthusiastic. I can't even get her out in the woods overnight, because there's "no toilet!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast