Camped on an island in the middle of Lake George NY this weekend. You can rent island camp sites, accessible only by boat.

We were on a small island with about 13 of us. We had a hard time finding enough suitable spots to pitch tents on...including my wife's tent. However, I found a NICE spot between two trees at the water's edge.

Everything was going great, until early Sunday morning when a storm blew in and soaked us with a steady rain for about 4-5 hours. Since we were catching the wind off of the lake, the rain often blew in from all directions.

I closed my tarp doors and stayed completely dry. Even better still, while everyone else was steaming in their tents (my wife included), I swayed gently in the breeze...I even got up and made a cup of tea to sip on. Had it not been for my tarp mod by 2QZQ, I would have ended up wet for sure!

Needless to say, everyone was both amazed and envious. It started to rain a little bit again later, and guess who made a bee line for my hammock. Yep, you guessed it, my spousal unit jumped right in my spot and refused to get out.

...yep, those are her feet under that tarp, as she's sitting in my hammock. I was forced to retreat to her tent. Oh well, at least I was able to take a nap and drool on her pillow!