So i tried it out (the day I got it) and I did like it, aside from the fact I forgot to stretch it out first, and ended up with my butt on the ground by morning, lol.
we set up a bit too close to the fire (even having fire SMALL), and I discovered a small hole in the roof from an ash/spark.
Can I patch this with a small piece of duct tape until I get some Tarp Tape, or will the removal destroy roof tarp? Also, would Duct tape even work? I would cut the "top" of the tape to be an arch, thus letting any rain run away, as opposed to pooling up which would be more apt to leak.
I have made a few mods to this hammock. The first was a simple mod, I shortened the tie outs, so there would be less rope to stretch, and allow for closer trees. I tend to like my trees to be about 12' apart, not 14' or more.
The next mod I did may sound confusing, but i will be doing a video to show it next time I use it.
I found that in spite of a spread bar/sticks to hold it flat, the corners would still slip in towards center. I bypassed this issue in field by tying cord from loop then across stick, to next loop (hard to explain), however, I found this to be too complicated, tedious, etc.
Tonight, I purchased 4 PVC end caps and some All-Round. I attached the end caps via all-round to the 4 corners. In theory, this will allow me to run the stick/spreader through loops and secure it into the end caps, preventing the hammock from gathering at the ends.
I used the largest end caps I could find, which ended up being 1" or 1 1/2" and it was threaded on inside. I could, in theory, take along pre-cut spreaders, however I'm sure there will be sufficient materials in the woods to be used, and with such faith, that is how I plan to test this mod.
Please stay posted, and I will post a video as soon as I test this.
(plan is Aug. 13-14 hammock outage, taking a friend, so I'll be taking both of my hammocks, thus being "forced" to test this out, lol)