Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I can't believe you are hanging from my Deep Ellum Robot's legs! Good luck with your venture.
    Good eye. I lived there for a year myself. Urban kammoking is the next planking.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    One does need to be careful about where one is caught sleeping...
    True true. I heard someone in this forum say, "If this hammock's a rockin, don't come a knockin." Someone should make this.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    I'm not knocking your "python straps" as I have not tested them but everyone has varying degrees of comfort and I tried Eno's straps with little comfort which are slotted as well.

With Whoopies or adjustable webbing suspension you have a much easier and wider range of adjusting the tension of the hammock.
    This is true. Whoopies provide unlimited adjustability and they are lighter than our straps. However, our straps are much more secure, because if a loop breaks, you don't fall. They all have to break. Also, our straps will not stretch. I know that is one of the reasons why this forums hates ENO's slap straps...
    Every system has it's benefits. It's simply a matter of preference.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Interesting looking fabric Joel. Watched the video from several sources and it appears that some of the sound bites are missing...

What would I get from your hammock that I don't already get from my ENO, other than a different fabric? The straps are made out of??? It looks like doubled over Poly with stiching across. Is it poly or nylon? Do the straps fit into the hammock bag or do they come in a separate bag like the Slap Straps, or with no bag?

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelMalone View Post
    This is true. Whoopies provide unlimited adjustability and they are lighter than our straps. However, our straps are much more secure, because if a loop breaks, you don't fall. They all have to break. Also, our straps will not stretch. I know that is one of the reasons why this forums hates ENO's slap straps...
    Every system has it's benefits. It's simply a matter of preference.
    Yes slap straps are the devil <In my Opinion>

I'd be interested in the long term testing of your straps vs whoopies vs adjustable webbing suspensions

I notice that if one section breaks then your biner moves on to the next section in the python straps. Wonder what kind of stress is put on the biner in that scenerio. Especially with someone in the upper 200lbs. Of course that would suck if you were using the last section to tie off....
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome from Southern California!

You all are in Texas? I'm curious about the connection to Kangaroos. Is it because they have a pouch. An armadillo would seem to be more appropriate, albeit not as cute

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    Interesting looking fabric Joel. Watched the video from several sources and it appears that some of the sound bites are missing...

What would I get from your hammock that I don't already get from my ENO, other than a different fabric? The straps are made out of??? It looks like doubled over Poly with stiching across. Is it poly or nylon? Do the straps fit into the hammock bag or do they come in a separate bag like the Slap Straps, or with no bag?
    The Kammok Roo looks very similar to the ENO, but it is different in the following ways:
    The material is 5'7" x 10'. We have measured many ENO hammocks and they never seem to be the advertised size. Our stuff sack is water resistant so that it can be attached to the outside of your pack. The buckles have a much higher break strength.

The Python Straps are made out of polyester webbing with bonded nylon bar tack stitches. They have 18 connecting points for more adjustability. The straps are constructed where every loop would have to break for you to completely fall. Also, they don't stretch.

I don't simply want to talk poorly about ENO or any of our competitors for that matter. I think that they make a good product that is suitable for many people. Our product is better, but will be sold at a higher price point. So, it will be a matter of preference and price sensitivity. Our main objective is not to sell a lot of products and drive revenue. Our goal at Kammok is to impact people's lives through our company. We initially designed our product as a low cost alternative bedding solution for Ugandan orphans, but have had more difficulty at this point than expected. We hope to provide our kammoks for that purpose in the future, but for now we donate 20% of profits to our non-profit partners.

We want people to support us, not only because they like our products, but because of who we are and what we are about. We want Kammok to be a brand that is known for caring. And we want you to know that you made an impact by purchasing our products.

I hope I didn't get to emotional on you all... we just want to be bigger than a hammock camping brand. We want to start a movement toward social responsibility in this market.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    Yes slap straps are the devil <In my Opinion>

I'd be interested in the long term testing of your straps vs whoopies vs adjustable webbing suspensions

I notice that if one section breaks then your biner moves on to the next section in the python straps. Wonder what kind of stress is put on the biner in that scenerio. Especially with someone in the upper 200lbs. Of course that would suck if you were using the last section to tie off....
    I would love to see a good comparison... maybe I should send a pair to Shug...

Fortunately the python straps are constructed in a way that EVERY stitch has to break for you to fall. It's kind of hard to describe, but even if your hooked onto the last loop, this would be the case. The biners and straps tested around 1000lbs in lab tests, so we aren't too worried about that.

I'm originally from Texas, my brother lives in Frisco, TX . He was just here in San Francisco with his family cooling off, he wasn't happy about going back to the heat.

Joel,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and those of my fellow HF members. I do certainly applaud your goal of social responsibility in the form of contributions to charitable causes.

Like Grizz and TiredFeet, I am interested in knowing more about the fabric. Are you able to release any details of the fabric such as weight/sq yd and relative stretchiness compared to regular ripstop nylon or polyester tafetta of similar weight. It might be an interesting alternative for the DIYers among us if you were willing to sell fabric for that purpose.

You might consider offering a bridge style hammock. There are many brands of nylon gathered end hammocks available for both the recreational hanger and the hiking/camping contingent, and only a couple of bridge style hammocks. It might be one other thing to differentiate your company from "the crowd".

In retrospect, I see that I forgot my manners. Welcome to hammockforums! I am sure we will continue to watch with interest.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast