Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    I'm still tentative on this trip unfortunately....really hoping I can make it that weekend. Also, just to let everyone know, there is a group scheduled to be in that area as well on the planned hang date - it's an off-road community doing their annual GTG to run the local trails (Gold Mountain, John Bull, etc.). So expect that area to be busy.

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by mangus7175 View Post
    I'm still tentative on this trip unfortunately....really hoping I can make it that weekend. Also, just to let everyone know, there is a group scheduled to be in that area as well on the planned hang date - it's an off-road community doing their annual GTG to run the local trails (Gold Mountain, John Bull, etc.). So expect that area to be busy.
    Thanks for the heads up Mangus. It's always busy this time of year. I was in the neighboring mountain range over the weekend, and a bunch of rowdy campers kept me up part of the night as they caroused (Ah to be that age again...) Noise is the down side of car camping; but even a bad day hanging is better than a good day in the city! Who knows, the off-road people might be a fun.

Anyhow I hope you can make it!

Wow. This is kinda freaky...

So, a couple weeks ago my friends father went missing. He never showed up to work Monday morning and hasn't been heard from since. FWIW, by all accounts, including my own, he was a good guy. No problems, not a degenerate, nothing of the sort. So day before yesterday his car was found in Big Bear. My buddy went up yesterday to pick up the car and logged GPS coordinates so we could go searching this weekend.

I log into hammock forums today and find an invite to this hang from lizzie and to my surprise it is in the general location where the car was found.

34 20'17.56"N 116 55'18.18"W is where the car was found. I will be up there on Sunday and a search party has gone out today and will be searching through the weekend.

If you have any information please don't hesitate to PM me or call the Big Bear Sheriff’s Station at 909-866-0100.

http://www.bigbeargrizzly.net/news/a...cc4c002e0.html

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    WOW, sorry to hear about the bad news. I have a few friends who will be within the area this weekend. I will pass the word to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mangus7175 View Post
    WOW, sorry to hear about the bad news. I have a few friends who will be within the area this weekend. I will pass the word to them.
    I appreciate it. Thank you.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    From the linked article;

O’Donahue is a 65-year-old white male. He is described as 6 feet, 5 inches tall, weighs 260 pounds, has gray hair and brown eyes. O’Donahue has a scar on his left arm.
    Could you provide a description of the clothing he was wearing the day he left? Does he have a cell phone for a locate trace? Hopefully the local S&R Deputies considered this but who knows. If not call them ASAP with the info.

Hammock
    WBBB / diy gathered
    Tarp
    kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Sleepingbag / Pad
    Suspension
    Web / whoopie
    Images
    I will be up there this weekend doing some offroading (gold mountain trail) I will keep an eye open for anything odd.

Cris

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    From the linked article;

Could you provide a description of the clothing he was wearing the day he left? Does he have a cell phone for a locate trace? Hopefully the local S&R Deputies considered this but who knows. If not call them ASAP with the info.
    We don't know exactly what he was wearing. He left work early before the rest of the family was awake. I've been at least trying to find out what shoes he was wearing but the family isn't sure. He actually has two cell phones and both have been off since he went missing. There is currently a search team out there looking this weekend.

Also, I would like to apologize for derailing this thread. If anyone has any more questions or info please reply off thread.

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Wow. I feel so bad for your friend and his family; I can't imagine their apprehension. That is really disturbing news. Prayin for the best. And no worries about "derailing" the thread - that was important news that we should be aware of.

Went up to Holcomb Valley today to continue searching.

It was beautiful. Tons of places to hang and the weather was perfect. Warm, but with a nice cool breeze. Nothing was found during searching over the weekend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast