Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    these WB groupies may take offense to us
    H.O.G.s
    Attention all:

If you have an opinion different from Randy then you are considered a groupie, please take note.

Seriously man, what is your problem with people liking their set-ups? It's almost like you have this underlying desire to have a WB, but can't admit it. And, your dog is bigger than mine? What are you, like 10 years old?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybgood View Post
    I have a single nest ENO but am looking at moving up to either an Ultralite Backpackers Hennessey or a Warbonnet Blackbird.

I'm new to hammocking so give me the lowdown on both. The ENO has been fine but looking for a hammock with the best durability and need some feedback .
    Ahhh, the groupies battle on.....

Getting back on topic, I upgraded from an ENO Single Nest to a 1.7 DL WBBB and I LOVE it, but I really doubt you would be unhappy with either. You have to decide which one gets the SLIGHT edge based on YOUR needs. You will never be able to conclusively prove one better than the other because it depends on your body, your hanging style, your preferences, and your hanging environment. That's why a visit to a group hang is such a great idea to compare both side by side. In the end, it doesn't really matter which you choose because you can almost certainly change your mind and recoup 95% or more of your investment by selling it. Neither hammock depreciates much if properly maintained...further proof that both are fine pieces of equipment.

Can't we all stop fighting and just be united in our collective smugness over groundlings? Both hammocks mop the floor with any tent seven days a week and twice on Sunday!
    "The Road goes ever on and on,
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can.
    Pursuing it with eager feet
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say."
    ~Bilbo Baggins - LotR

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozacho View Post
    Can't we all stop fighting and just be united in our collective smugness over groundlings? Both hammocks mop the floor with any tent seven days a week and twice on Sunday!

Here here! One of the many reasons I love this forum!

My appologies to the OP for the thread sway

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    yep I am 10 years old... and WBs are the beat thinhg since sliced bread.....
    no dude I have no super secret desire to own a W B.

On a serious note I am sure that it is a good hammock.. and that brand has a very vocal following.

I seems that folks get slammed all the time on here about how good one is.
    A new comer comes on here and they get hammered WB...WB.....
    Then the new person feels that his or her set up is inferior because that didnt get a WB.
    I have seen the ENO and Hennessys refered to as "starter hammocks" BY WB groupies.....
    Its kinda like those BMW folks on the freeway........they aint all that.

A WB won't take the trash out and still needs 2 trees just like any other hammock

if you notice I am not even spelling the entire name as to not give a boost in the search engines.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    yep I am 10 years old... and WBs are the beat thinhg since sliced bread.....
    no dude I have no super secret desire to own a W B.

On a serious note I am sure that it is a good hammock.. and that brand has a very vocal following.

I seems that folks get slammed all the time on here about how good one is.
    A new comer comes on here and they get hammered WB...WB.....
    Then the new person feels that his or her set up is inferior because that didnt get a WB.
    I have seen the ENO and Hennessys refered to as "starter hammocks" BY WB groupies.....
    Its kinda like those BMW folks on the freeway........they aint all that.

A WB won't take the trash out and still needs 2 trees just like any other hammock

if you notice I am not even spelling the entire name as to not give a boost in the search engines.
    Hey man, back off of the loyal WB followers. I have a WB and I love it. I ALSO have an ENO DN and a HH ULB. I use the ENO more than any of the other hammocks I have. Just because we are enthusiastic about our "hangs" doesn't make us the enemy. The GROUND is the enemy. Let us ALL remember that!

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozacho View Post
    Ahhh, the groupies battle on.....

Getting back on topic, I upgraded from an ENO Single Nest to a 1.7 DL WBBB and I LOVE it, but I really doubt you would be unhappy with either. You have to decide which one gets the SLIGHT edge based on YOUR needs. You will never be able to conclusively prove one better than the other because it depends on your body, your hanging style, your preferences, and your hanging environment. That's why a visit to a group hang is such a great idea to compare both side by side. In the end, it doesn't really matter which you choose because you can almost certainly change your mind and recoup 95% or more of your investment by selling it. Neither hammock depreciates much if properly maintained...further proof that both are fine pieces of equipment.

aint nobody fighting at all.... I will still break bread with any ovya.....heck I will even loan a Hennessy to a WBO.....
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    in randy's defense it really does get old reading the introduce yourself threads and everyone telling the guys " yea that hammock will get old and one day you will upgrade to a blackbird" even if there not refering to a hennessy as the other hammock its just like dang man let the guy read around and decide what he wants for himself.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    In spite of all the comments already posted here, I'll add mine.

Both Hennessey and Warbonnet make good hammocks.

I, or members of my family own or have owned several of each. I could not get my wife, son, or brother to give up their WBBB. I like mine and I like my HH.

As a go to, I still use my HH ExplUL - I will say though that I was ready to say adios to it until my ZQ mod which made it into a whole new hammock. I don't know if I use it because it's "better" or because I am a creature of habit and am used to it.

I also own several HH Hex tarps and my son owns the Superfly with built in doors. He uses his big tarp year round and will not go back to the Hennessey Hex.

The resale on a HH is decent and the resale on a WBBB is amazing.

Here's the bottom line difference for me and why I will not purchase a new HH or H tarp but I will spend the money on new gear from WB. It all comes down to Brandon.

His commitment to this community is unmatched. His customer service surpasses that of any other company I have dealt with. The extra things he does that no one ever reads about to make sure his customers are not just satisfied but pleased has earned my loyalty.

For a beginner, either hammock will serve one well. Both have learning curves as do all hammocks. Hennessey's can be purchased at places like REI where you can try it and if you don't like it return it. Having said all that, no where will you find the designer, manufacturer, and guy who sweeps the floors as committed as Warbonnetguy.

Images
    Holy cow! This thread has been raging while I was out of town to work today!

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    well, you can thank me for the zipper and double bottom on your hh if you want, they never had options like that before the bb was around.
    There is a lot of truth in that, I suspect. Your product combined with 2QZQ, as well as the popularity of the Claytors(zips and dbl bottom) back in the day- and I suspect customer demand to HH. I know I- and I'm pretty sure lot's of others- talked with HH over the early years asking "why won't you make a hammock with dbl layers and zippers?". For a couple of years, he more or less said "you don't need that stuff" or at least " I don't belive in that and don't want to fool with it". The all of a sudden not very long ago, there is the DJ! Then most of the other models become available with zippers. He finally gave in to customer demand, and I think that response was accelerated by the existence and popularity of WB. After all, the 2Q mod was not costing him direct sales, you still had to buy a HH 1st, then pay for the mod. But adding the WBBB sales to the Claytor, maybe that was what finally got his attention!

actually, the "smaller" model hh's "are" comparable in size to the BB's. notice their smaller models (up to 6') have a 100" RL, basically the same as the BB (rated to 6'6"+), and i'm almost positive that the hammock body length is very similar too if i recall. their larger models have a rl of 108" and up, so if you wanted to compare apples to apples you'd actually be comparing similar "sized" hammocks, not similarly "height-rated" hammocks.

comparing the BB to your DJXL is a poor comparison because the DJXL is signifigantly longer (about a foot longer i believe), so when someone makes a comparison between the expedition and the BB, that is a "fair" comparison because they are basically the same size.
    It is significantly longer. And to repeat myself again ( blah, blah, I keep saying the same thing over and over, sorry!): more so than y'all might think. I have not measured theDJ XL RL and HH does not supply the specs anymore( or I can't find it) but the RL on my Explorer jumps to 108". But I think the actual dif in fabric length is a good bit more than 8", there is more hammock hanging under the RL than just an extra 8". And for sure with the Safari- with 112" RL- it is way more than just 12" longer than the WBBB/HH Expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    With that mindset your daughter will end up marrying a WBBB owner.
    Now that's just funny, I don't care who you are!

In all honesty I think 2Q has had as much if not more influence on the Hennesy models now coming with zippers.
    Probably did, but again people still had to first buy the HH to get the mod. Hard to say for sure.

[quote=Randy;510058]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    With that mindset your daughter will end up marrying a WBBB owner.

NOT a chance........but if the guy she marries has a JOB his own car and can pass a pee test he can use one of my Hennessys......
    NOw that may be even funnier than what it responds too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Attention all:

If you have an opinion different from Randy then you are considered a groupie, please take note.

Seriously man, what is your problem with people liking their set-ups? It's almost like you have this underlying desire to have a WB, but can't admit it. And, your dog is bigger than mine? What are you, like 10 years old?
    Well, I can't get in Randy's mind, but I highly suspect he is having fun yanking some chains! Where is Ewker when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post

Here's the bottom line difference for me and why I will not purchase a new HH or H tarp but I will spend the money on new gear from WB. It all comes down to Brandon.

His commitment to this community is unmatched. ........ Having said all that, no where will you find the designer, manufacturer, and guy who sweeps the floors as committed as Warbonnetguy.
    And that is pretty huge and a big sell point for many. Tom Hennessy has zero to do with this community. Honestly, I don't think they even read much of what goes on here. And that may be a business decision. For Ex, a world class great guy and customer service provider - Ed Speer- did not participate much here. And when he did, 90% of the time it was just as a fellow hanger, and his posts had nothing to do with his products. Mostly just to inform of group hangs and such. But if you think about it, he just did not post here very much.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Randy,

If your willing.... mail me a HH side zip I'll re-up my comparison video to the WBBB. I'll pay shipping both ways.

Water Monkey plays fair!

"If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast