WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE!

First Night Ever Hanging

I went to a graduation party of a family member and I knew that we would be staying there overnight because of the distance to travel and also certain types of beverages were being served there This weekend it was nearly 100 degrees during the day up here in Minnesota (although party was in Wisconsin), so needless to say it only got down to about 80 or just below at night. The plan for my girlfriend and I was to stay on a blow up mattress in the basement of the house that has nice and cold central air. Perfect temperature for sleeping. I HATE the heat!

Well I got to thinking about trying the hammock out for the first time just to lie in it and give it a quick test. The hammock was instantly the "life" of the party as soon as I had strung it up. I must have had at least 8 people hop in it and every single one of them wanted to know where they could get one. It's like crack this hammock thing!!

Anyways I ended up staying out in the heat all night just to experience and overnight with the hammock before I was in the backwoods and actually needed it. I slept like a baby!!!! No need to tell that to anyone here, but what a great experience!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Congradulations Seppish1 sounds like your off to a great start. Looks like you have some others interested.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    As further proof that hammocks are awesome, even the dog wanted in.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Images
    How do you like that bug net? I've heard the ends don't fully close once you lay in the hammock... Do you think it would keep everything out completely?

Senior Member Awkward Sportsman's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
    How do you like that bug net? I've heard the ends don't fully close once you lay in the hammock... Do you think it would keep everything out completely?
    I wasn't impressed by the ends on the bug net when I initially set it up, and I didn't notice that they had loosened up when I got in the hammock until the next morning when I got out of the hammock. That being said the bugs were absolutely terrible where I set up, and I had no issues with them inside of the net. So I either had some really dumb skeeters, or the holes were not large enough to be obvious to the little blood suckers.

Regardless of not getting bit in the net, I do plan on modifying the bug net so that it can never be an issue. I know that if I don't fix it I won't sleep well knowing that my net has a flaw. It also seems to me that there was an excess amount of netting hanging under the hammock. I can't confirm this because I don't know what it looks like while I am in the hammock, but that may need to be addressed as well. After I am done with this net, I assume it could no longer be called a ENO product. Good thing I got a discount on it I suppose.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hammocks are Dude and Dame Magnets at a soiree)))))))
    Glad you had a right goodie in it.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Great report and thanks for spreading the word.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Gotta love taking it out for your first night and they sure are great for parties. Looks like it won't be long until your girlfriend is out there hanging with you. Thanks for posting dude and see you on the trail.

Fronkey

Senior Member Awkward Sportsman's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Gotta love taking it out for your first night and they sure are great for parties. Looks like it won't be long until your girlfriend is out there hanging with you. Thanks for posting dude and see you on the trail.

Fronkey
    Actually we just ordered my GF a HH ULBP from REI. Got the whoopies and RL coming for it as well. She jumped right into this thing!! Great videos BTW, you guys dropped in on the SHT in Silver Bay right? The woman and I dropped in there at midnight one night and camped right next to the river. Beautiful country.

(My girlfriend Miranda is the one in the picture hanging in the hammock, I assume we can all distinguish between her and my 8 year old sister lol)

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppish1 View Post
    Actually we just ordered my GF a HH ULBP from REI. Got the whoopies and RL coming for it as well. She jumped right into this thing!! Great videos BTW, you guys dropped in on the SHT in Silver Bay right? The woman and I dropped in there at midnight one night and camped right next to the river. Beautiful country.

(My girlfriend Miranda is the one in the picture hanging in the hammock, I assume we can all distinguish between her and my 8 year old sister lol)
    Thanks dude.

That's a great spot right there on the river. That's cool your lady comes out there with you too. She's going to love it even more once her hammock comes in. You should try and make it to the fall hang this year. Should be a great time.

Fronkey

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast