Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I know this is too late and I am sorry this has happened to you. But these kinds of internet transactions are a dime a dozen. Simply don't place orders with companies that don't have a Pay-Pal Button so no one gets your credit card number! The world is full of crooks!
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    The H.U.T.
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    The H.U.T.
    Images

these are the tactics they use ............ to stall

Quote Originally Posted by Ears View Post
    hey,

i ended up sending a message to military logistics mfg.....but i ended up getting a response the next day. so im hoping i got the right place but i dunno....ill paste the messages: (um ok granted i may have fibbed a bit, your not a junior sailor and im a vet now......but it got results....)

sales@militarylogisticsmfg.com to me
    show details 8:14 PM (7 hours ago)

Greetings, Do you have a date so I can research for you. What name was order placed, approx date, cc used-master card -visa; will check and advise
    Best Regards
    Laura
    Customer Service

On Fri 22/07/11 5:04 PM , medicrotic@gmail.com sent:

nexthtm: {nexthtm}
    Originally+To: sales@militarylogisticsmfg.com
    acc_name: sales@militarylogisticsmfg.com
    FirstName: michael
    LastName: ehrhardt
    Organization: united states navy
    Street1: n/a
    Street2: n/a
    Apartment: n/a
    City: n/a
    State: n/a
    Zip: n/a
    Phone: n/a
    Fax: n/a
    email: medicrotic@gmail.com
    ResponseMethod: E-mail

it has been brought to my attention that a transaction has been placed by a junior sailor of mine. now as stated from him he ordered two 1965(ish) hammocks approx 3 months ago.
    i would like to hear your side of the story as to why his money was accepted but your services werent rendered.
    you have one week before i take your non response as an admission of guilt and report you to the better buisiness bureau.
    thank you for your time.
    V/R
    michael Ehrhardt

.....again. im not sure if this was the right company or if this is even what you wanted. but here it is if you do.Rah
    If you ordered three months ago then you are probably sol. There's always hope that somebody in their organization will do the right thing.
    For the benefit of everyone else, you have only 60 days to dispute a credit card charge. Bogus companies and perpetrators will say that they are looking into the matter for you, say they are handling your situation personally, say the item was just shipped, etc. All to get you to procrastinate writing to your credit card company. But 60 days is 60 days! What they did, said or promised during that time is inconsequential.
    After 60 days your only remedy is the legal system. If you ordered in Hawaii, I think you could take action in small claims court there. I doubt they are going to fly from FL to HI to fight you. Especially when they know they'd lose!
    I'm not a lawyer so this isn't legal advice. I work in a bank and I know the rules governing credit card transactions.
    Good luck!! I hope you get satisfaction from these clowns.
    FHV Planning Thread (it's gonna rock!)
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ida-Hang-(FHV)

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    bannana
    Tarp
    n/a
    Insulation
    n/a
    Suspension
    n/a
    very true Timberr,

but from what i could gather, maybe this is the person to have you luck out? the person that responded to my email for hawaii was laura, in a help dept, the others said the manager/owner was hauled off to see "fleece Johnson" maybe the company under new management is trying hard to undo the tomfoolary from the previous beast. idk. but i can only hope that someone there has some sort of moral compass that isnt all but warped like most of these youngins im crossing....(im only 28)

Disclaimer: HF members of course are excluded from this particular rant. i really do like the comraderie here, reminds me of my greenside days.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Simply don't place orders with companies that don't have a Pay-Pal Button so no one gets your credit card number
    IMO, bad advice.....

I have had an on line Internet business for the last ten years. My customers can pay by check/mo, VISA/MC on line or by Pay Pal.

Most of us small business go thru a 3rd party to process CC and we do not get your CC #.

When a customer pays by VISA or MC I do not get the CC #. All that goes thru a credit card processor (encrypted) that then tells me the customers name, address, type (BUT NOT #) of CC and if the payment went thru. I also pay another company to audit my site to make sure everything is secured.

Even with all that I still have people call me up and give me their CC # over the phone becuase they do not trust using their CC on line. Even when I tell them they are safer doing it online as that way I will not have their CC #, every single person that calls, still gives me the CC # over the phone. Fortunately I am an honest person and once the transaction is completed any paperwork with the CC # gets shredded and composted.

When ordering on the internet, check to make sure the place you are ordering from has a physical address and a phone # you can call and if you are not sure, call them. Not a 100% gauarantee you will not be ripped off but will decrease your chances of being ripped off

Also, I will not order from anyplace that does not have phone # and address listed.
    A site with only a contact form you have to fill out and submit and hope for reply is another site I will advoid

I have gotten business from customers calling me and letting me know that even though they have found the products cheaper elsewhere, they are ordering from me becuase they know that a real live human being answers the phone and I have taken calls at 3 AM from customers (not real happy about being woke up at that time of night but I got the sale).

My rant on ordering via the internet
    Last edited by gunner76; 07-23-2011 at 18:49.

Hammock
    bannana
    Tarp
    n/a
    Insulation
    n/a
    Suspension
    n/a
    a good solid rant.
    I'm a Hammocker stuck in a tenter's body.....