I have been playing around with down salvaged from an Ebay sleeping bag and walmart cheap bin polyester. Now I want to make a real nice one. I was looking at HE's instructions http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98 and I noticed he didn't have a head hole. In order to make a head hole I plan on making 2 half quilts and sew them together. I was planning on 80" x 40". Free magic up the one side and drawstring on both ends. I want it primarily as a top quilt but the option of using it as an underqilt. I plan for 2" baffels and 12 oz of quality down. I am hoping for a total wieght of 2 pounds or less. Now for my questions;
1. HE and JRB use dwr on their quilts. It really limits the list of supplier.Is that nessesary?
2. What is a good source for dwr 1.1?
3. Speer has 900 down for $26 / 3.1 oz. Is there a better deal on high quality down?
4. Do you hem the no-see-um before you attatch it?
5. How far up does the free magic come up to make the foot box?
6. Do I the latest set of HE's directions?
Thank you in advance