Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dant8ro View Post

Can you confirm that the suspension system uses a zero stretch material? Polyester webbing or a tech rope? No point charging for it if its made out of nylon.

Secondly for us northerners, shipping to Canada still free?
    Hey Dan, the straps are polyester and shipping to Canada is $10.00 on Kickstarter.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    We included the water bottle because we are all about products with purpose and each water bottle provides clean water to someone for an entire year. 20% of our profits are also donated to non-profits working with humanitarian aid.

The Python Straps are made out of poly webbing, so there is extremely little stretch, if any.

We love our Canadians, but, yes, shipping is an extra $10 for Canada.

Thanks!

OK, so as I understand the 85$ package breakdown.

PDF file - Free
    Car decal - Free advertising

Water Bottle - 25$

Hammock
    Suspension
    Stuff sacks
    2x Wire Gate Biners

60$

Free Shipping

That's not too shabby... I'd much rather a package for 60$ without the fancy water bottle... already have a few of those.

Can you confirm that the suspension system uses a zero stretch material? Polyester webbing or a tech rope? No point charging for it if its made out of nylon.

Best of luck starting up your venture.

-- oops guess I should read the whole page. 10$ extra for shipping... Hi bubba

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Hey Dan, the straps are polyester and shipping to Canada is $10.00 on Kickstarter.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    I do love the spirit of over-engineering the hell out of something. I need another hammock like a hole in the head...

You seem to have a product that you believe in firmly. This is good. Your selling to an audience that is highly capable and willing to modify and manufacture. I think that you, as mentioned, will sell few to HF members after the kick starter deal is over.

In the mean while I'll be waiting on that Shug review and examining my credit card... I could always use a kicking around hammock...

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Sounds good! Let me know if you have any other questions. I can't ever seem to get enough hammocks...

I do love the spirit of over-engineering the hell out of something. I need another hammock like a hole in the head...

You seem to have a product that you believe in firmly. This is good. Your selling to an audience that is highly capable and willing to modify and manufacture. I think that you, as mentioned, will sell few to HF members after the kick starter deal is over.

In the mean while I'll be waiting on that Shug review and examining my credit card... I could always use a kicking around hammock...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Joel,

Here's my opinion & I wish you the best with your missions.

I have several lightweight climbing biners after using the heavy steel ENO ones. I would rather get one of these for an extra dollar than use one that's no name from a hammock manufacturer. I don't recall if you have one from your climbing partner or not.

I have used the ENO straps and while your's appear more appealing (and much better material), I don't think that the average hammock NOOB will spend the extra $10 over an ENO set. They don't recognize the difference. They are looking for price, then convience - it won't matter to most of them that it's a top tier climbing company that puts them together. They will use it for around town or car camping.

If they are an informed hammocker, they will likely not get your straps for the reason that you can save a lot of weight and have 'infinite' adjustability with some amsteel slings for about $10 less than your set. They will pack down much smaller too.

I have ENOs and swapped out the suspension. The suspension and hammock all fit into the attached compression sack.

If I was able to buy your hammock (with sack) with a simple larks head loop in the end and put on my own suspension, then it might be worth $50, even though REI had the ENO Doubles with biners for $45 a couple of months ago. Just an idea.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I have to say that alot of people dont care to mess with the suspension on hammocks.I know most of my friends dont care too much for whoopies because we are pound hogs, and I know whoopies are popular on here but people get by without them everyday so I believe there straps will do fine. I mean with the eno just use any straps and a toggle and your set. and just like the eno appeal is that its an attractive hammock that is new but it wont be an eno unless its over advertised in every camping store ever. I think this hammock looks like a great hammock and like someone broke it down above saying its 60 dollars for just what id be wanting. I mean Id like a water proof compression sack just to play with anyway haha
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    OK, so as I understand the 85$ package breakdown.

PDF file - Free
    Car decal - Free advertising

Water Bottle - 25$

Hammock
    Suspension
    Stuff sacks
    2x Wire Gate Biners

60$

Free Shipping

That's not too shabby... I'd much rather a package for 60$ without the fancy water bottle... already have a few of those.

Best of luck starting up your venture.

-- oops guess I should read the whole page. 10$ extra for shipping... Hi bubba
    Good way to break down the price.

I was quietly whining to myself about price and then thinking that the full retail would be really overpriced as a few folks have posted, however, this may not be too far off on price.

A Kammock with biners, stuff sack and no suspension will go for 79.95 which is the same price a lot of folks are willing to pay for a Grand Trunk Nano 7 which comes with a stuff sack, biners, and a limited suspension. I know that the two hammocks are not comparable in weight, but just saying, they're both open top, singles so they are similar in that light.

Since I've overspent on other toys of the flaming variety, I'll have to hold off on ordering one of these, but I look forward to seeing a demo at a group hang in November, and I bet my sales resistance will be much lower then.

I echo the concern that others have made regarding your price point. The recurring response on your two threads has been higher quality and improved functionality. Your fabric has been reported to hold upwards of 900#, though you rate it to 500# for liability sake. ENO rates their parachute nylon at 400# liability, though it undoubtedly would hold more. You have triple interlocking stitching. So does ENO. Your hammock is sized at 5'7" x 10'. An ENO double nest is 6'8" x 9'10". The ENO is substantially wider and only marginally shorter. The ENO double nest costs $65 retail and can often be found on sale for substantially less. The kammock, if I read your post correctly, will cost $80 at retail. I may be missing it so far, and if so I apologize, but as I asked in your intro thread, what specifically is the higher quality and functionality?

FWIW: My ENO (before I sold all of my gathered end hammocks and moved to bridges) lasted 3 years of frequent recreational hanging without a fabric or stitching tear.

I do take a small exception to your supposition that because your straps were "made by a leading climbing harness manufacturer" they are necessarily better than $10 straps. 1" polyester straps are rated between 1000# and 3500# depending on the vendor. Just sampling two vendors AHE and Strapworks, the price is $0.50-0.59/foot. Considering the application, more than adequate safety rating at a substantially lower price than your python straps.

I do think that you have a nice looking product. I think you have a great mission. And I think you will sell a lot of hammocks to recreational hangers. But here you are trying to sell to an audience that's pretty hammock savvy, and the devil's in the details. And I'm not sure you've sold it yet.
    Last edited by BER; 07-19-2011 at 01:33.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree straps & CRL
    A comment or two on the Python Straps. Since they have multiple connection points for the 'biners they are definitely a step above my $10 DIY straps. However, after hanging from a few pine trees and a really oozey cedar tree, my $10 straps are being replaced with another set of $10 DIY straps. I am not one that will be willing to spend much on tree straps even if they do come with multiple connection points.

I really like the look and quality of the Kammok. If I was hanging off the side of a cliff several hundred feet up I would want to be in your product. Mostly I hang about 2 feet off the ground. I find the quality of the ENO doublenest and my DIY straps sufficient for that task.

I hope your venture is successful. Whenever my ENO wears out I will look at replacing it with a Kammok (if/when it is available without the suspension and is in the $60 range).

BTW - I noticed the use of the word 'swag' on your kick-start page. Any Subgenious members on your staff?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast