Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Unfortunately, the only way to ever get your hands on a Kammock (as things stand currently) is either the $85 package, or the $80 retail price. (If my memory serves correct. This is quite a long thread!) As a few others have expressed, some of the extras that are included in the package aren't desirable for some. Sure you can try to sell them, but if I want to purchase just a Kammock, I should (and eventually will) be able to. In reality, for the many here that may be interested in purchasing a Kammock, it most likely would be just the Kammock alone, without the extras. That means that you will never (as it currently stands) be able to get one discounted like the Kickstarter page is offering. You put the Kammock on sale alone at around $55-60, and I'd actually really consider it, especially with a few good reviews going for it. The fabric does look very interesting, and I wish I could have it in hand before deciding to purchase. What I'm trying to get at, is whether it comes with extras or not, the hammock costs $80+, which puts it at one of the most expensive single person open hammocks on the market. That, I think, is what is hindering interest the most from the members who have expressed it (myself included.) This thought process isn't specific to Kammocks alone! I wanted to get myself a single person open hammock. I looked at the Warbonnet Traveler, but I felt that the $60 price tag was a bit steep. I decided to go the DIY route instead. Also, the WB Traveler comes with a suspension system in the $60 price tag. Kammock plus Python Straps put the grand total to $110 (at retail). That's almost the cost of two Travelers!

Either way, I still truly and whole-heartedly wish you the best of luck! More hammocks on the market can never be a bad thing. I really hope they somehow come down in price, or I can pick one up off someone selling it used, because it sure does look like a nice hammock, just not quite worth the current price point for me.

Edit: Just now saw the post about what we'd like to see different, and I feel that you definitely deserve some constructive criticisms on what to change. It can only benefit both parties! I think one of the best things going for the hammock currently is aesthetic appeal. It is a sweet looking hammock! I think one of the best places to look for "things to change" would be all the different personal modifications people have made to their own hammocks, regardless of the brand or style. An integrated Peak Bag would be awesome! I'm not sure how much else there is to add/change on an open hammock without getting into a "specialized" hammock for campers. That would open a whole new can of worms, though.
    Last edited by stefprez; 07-19-2011 at 12:03.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Hello Joel. Thanks for your continued presence in this thread. Any word on offering just the hammock without the swag?
    Not yet. We will discuss it at our next meeting and I'll let you know.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Good for you.

I'm all for constructive criticism, although there's a pretty fine line there IMO. Anybody can criticize, but very few can offer constructive enough advice that might "fix" the criticism. Some people have a knack for it, many don't. It's easy to tear down, but much more difficult to build...

So any details regarding the materials you are using for these hammocks? Can you post a zoomed in picture at least?

Thanks.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Your prices were accurate. We are considering doing a promotion for HF members. We have vowed to keep our prices stiff at our MSRPs after Kickstarter, however, maybe we could do a quick promotion on here... these are just made up numbers, but who would be interested at:
    Kammok Roo - $50
    Python Straps - $18
    Both - $65

The more people interested, the more likely we will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    Unfortunately, the only way to ever get your hands on a Kammock (as things stand currently) is either the $85 package, or the $80 retail price. (If my memory serves correct. This is quite a long thread!) As a few others have expressed, some of the extras that are included in the package aren't desirable for some. Sure you can try to sell them, but if I want to purchase just a Kammock, I should (and eventually will) be able to. In reality, for the many here that may be interested in purchasing a Kammock, it most likely would be just the Kammock alone, without the extras. That means that you will never (as it currently stands) be able to get one discounted like the Kickstarter page is offering. I really hope they somehow come down in price, or I can pick one up off someone selling it used, because it sure does look like a nice hammock, just not quite worth the current price point for me.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Do you want the fabric or what specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Good for you.

I'm all for constructive criticism, although there's a pretty fine line there IMO. Anybody can criticize, but very few can offer constructive enough advice that might "fix" the criticism. Some people have a knack for it, many don't. It's easy to tear down, but much more difficult to build...

So any details regarding the materials you are using for these hammocks? Can you post a zoomed in picture at least?

Thanks.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Yes, isn't the Kammok material part of the "new"? What are its properties? The "incredibly strong, yet breathable diamond rip-stop nylon fabric called LunarWave™" is something we have not seen here yet.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelMalone View Post
    Your prices were accurate. We are considering doing a promotion for HF members. We have vowed to keep our prices stiff at our MSRPs after Kickstarter, however, maybe we could do a quick promotion on here... these are just made up numbers, but who would be interested at:
    Kammok Roo - $50
    Python Straps - $18
    Both - $65

The more people interested, the more likely we will do it.
    With a positive review or two, I'd be VERY interested in a Roo at that price. Must say, two thumbs up on listening to the market and seeking out criticisms and critiques (even if they can be harsh). Whether or not I end up purchasing any of your products, there is still a lot of respect for the company already!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I think if you can really pull the 50 dollar deal then I think you could sell alot of people here.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Treklight double
    Insulation
    DIY sleeping bag
    Suspension
    metal rings
    At the prices you suggested I would give your hammock a try

Images
    I look forward to Shug's review, or results from any other members who are testing it. If the quality/strength is judged to be higher than the rest (even if overkill) and the comfort is there, then I think some will gladly pay the discounted price. Though maybe not the regular price, time will tell.

Good looking hammock though! Even better looking models!

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast