Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Best Hammock for Camping and Daily Overnight Sleeping at Home

I'm looking at the warbonnet blackbird for a hammock, but I'd like to know if it would be doable and practical to also use it at home as a daily overnight sleeper . And if so, where would I get a stand or how would I make my own? If not, what hammock would be best for comfort at home to use as a daily sleeper ? Thanks for any help .

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Yes it would although I would use a non netted hammock for use in my house
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Eno/Yukon
    Tarp
    8x12
    Insulation
    Pad / Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Grand Trunk
    I have been indoor hammock sleeping for over 6 months. I use the Eno Doublenest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikwoiuh View Post
    I'm looking at the warbonnet blackbird for a hammock, but I'd like to know if it would be doable and practical to also use it at home as a daily overnight sleeper . And if so, where would I get a stand or how would I make my own? If not, what hammock would be best for comfort at home to use as a daily sleeper ? Thanks for any help .
    I don't have direct experience with the WBBB, but you'll find nothing but praise for Warbonnet gear.

As for the stands, if you're looking to make your own, if you search the forums you'll find a considerable amount of information about various stands. The "Turtledog" stand is one that is pretty popular.

Tato gear also offers very popular hammock stands, some fully completed and some just need components added.

Here was another recent thread on stand advice... with a little searching, you'll probably find dozens of others including those with very specific direction for diy'ing your own.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...35-Which-Stand

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Warbonnet's a great hammock but if you're hanging indoors, the bug net will probably get annoying. (I had an ENO Junglenest, and when I didn't need the net, it was always flopping around in the way.) Keep it as your outdoor camping/hiking rig, and get yourself a nice pretty big fat luxurious hammock with no net that you can Streeeeeeeetch out in. At home base, weight savings aren't much of a concern, and I'm a proponent for heavy/bulky stuff at home, where comfort comes first, unless of course you've been convinced that you can only own one hammock and it's got to serve as all functions.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Only you can tell us which hammock is the best for YOU. That's all based on height, weight, and personal choices such as stretch in the fabric, fabric feel, etc. My best has been completely different from those I've hung with, and looks to be different than the current norm with high weight ratings and little to no stretch.

Will the WBBB work? Most likely, as I've talked to few that don't like it.

Is it ideal for nightly use? Probably, but as has been mentioned, the bugnet becomes a problem indoors.

Lots of good info on stands in the thread Eidson linked. Check it out along with others.

I plan to build, and would suggest for you, the stand that uses posts from tarps.com. Turtlelady/Turtledog stand have there own issues that I think this type of stand eliminates, based on my experience with the TL/TD stands.

If you can wait and attend a hang near you, there are plans bring worked on for one in your area, that would be your best bet to try a few different hammocks to see what you might like. I usually bring a few different styles to cast camping group hangs, as do others.

awesome , thanks for all of the replies so far. I'm thinking of getting Warbonnet for camping, but then I need to figure out what would be the best choice for a hammock for indoor use. I've read the ENO doublenest or Grand Trunk doublenest are good choices, as far as comfort. Or are there better options out there? And would it be cheaper I'm assuming to build my own stand?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    I have just purchased another Dutch 11ft Hexon hammock and I'm always amazed by the comfort. Much cheaper solution than the eno and great for indoors or out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikwoiuh View Post
    awesome , thanks for all of the replies so far. I'm thinking of getting Warbonnet for camping, but then I need to figure out what would be the best choice for a hammock for indoor use. I've read the ENO doublenest or Grand Trunk doublenest are good choices, as far as comfort. Or are there better options out there? And would it be cheaper I'm assuming to build my own stand?
    I have an ENO DoubleNest and love it. That said I have just completed my first DIY crinkle taffeta tablecloth hammock, and I like it better than my ENO. The fabric feels better and more comfortable, softer. Plus it's about a foot or so longer, not as hard to get a good comfortable and flat diagonal. And finally you can do your own table cloth hammock for about $20 including suspension.

Happy hanging!

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    As for hammocks, myans or Brazilians seem to be preferred choices. Try to catch a hammeck stand, it has a smaller footprint. I use a tablecloth for my EDH or every day hang, but plan to try a Brazilian soon.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast