Tarp
    GGear12x12',WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Cinch
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    "Tulle is a major PITA". This was my experience as well. I also found that it has a tendency to snag and tear on any sharp object within 2 feet!

I really like the idea of it being able to breathe to let moisture away from my tarp when carrying it, but the perception seems much greater than the reality. I ended up trashing my 'skins made out of it and going to camo ripstop. That's my two cents, take it for what it cost you.
    Like I said I probably wouldn't use Tulle again. I think rip stop would be a much better material for this. I pack the tarp in the front pocket of my pack so it wont catch on much. The Tulle does snag but its not that bad. When it tears the holes don't grow. I only used it because it was on sale for $1.50/y.

Quote Originally Posted by WhollyHamaca View Post
    Adarack, you HAVE been busy, and with really impressive results! Thanks for posting the great pix. I need to get my hands on some Amsteel some day (money is too tight for just about anything I don't have already)

How about nylon (or maybe it's polyester) knit mesh instead of tulle? The stuff they use for athletic tees. I have some DIY stuff sacks and skins I made from it a few years ago, and it has held up very well. MUCH easier to cut and stitch than tulle, and a lot stronger, while still lightweight, dries fast, slips on & off easily. Doesn't ravel like ripstop or taffeta. I think I got it at JoAnn on clearance. Mine came in white (all they had left then) but it takes dye well. I spilled hot black coffee on a stuff sack and now it's a nice muted tan color -- just perfect for losing it in plain sight! Sorry, my camera has taken a hike without me, so I can't post a pic.
    Yeah quite busy. Nylon or poly would both be better than tulle but ripstop would be best I think. Splicing line is a ton of fun and a whole lot of frustration in the beginning. You might be able to get your hands on some Amsteel if you watch the PIF.
    Fry: "I can't swallow that!"
    Farnsworth: "Well then, good news! It's a suppository."

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl1.7/Equip 1-Person
    Tarp
    GGear12x12',WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Great work and thanks for the links. Recieved my 1st 60' of amsteel Thursday for a new SLS and will need to order more now.
    Your welcome. I was hoping the links would pay off for someone. I went though 140' of 1/8 Amsteel, 100' of 2mm DynaGlide and +/-100' of 550 paracord in 3 months making things for friends and myself. Working with line truly can be an addiction.
    Fry: "I can't swallow that!"
    Farnsworth: "Well then, good news! It's a suppository."

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    WOW, Adarack! All your work looks great! If you can do THAT with tulle, you can sew ANYTHING!! Thanks for posting and inspiring!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12