I have done my best to convert as many people to the joys of hammock camping as possible, but sometimes conversion is just not as easy as it seems. So I have to follow the advice of my wife's grandfather, "If you can't convert them, grow them."

Emma Walker "Texas Ranger" - aka Chuck was born July 14, 2011 at 11:41am. She was 7 pounds 10 ounces (not exactly able to carry her and still be considerd an ultralight backpacker) and 19.5 inches long at 3 weeks early. She spent a 6 days in the NICU for under developed lungs. She is home with us now and is able to hang any time she wants in her DIY gathered end hammock and because her name lends itself to a "trail name" she already has one. This makes girl number 3 and all of them really enjoy their hammocks.

This hammock is a single layer 1.1 ounce ripstop nylon measuring 50 inches long and 33.75 inches wide. It has chain links and whoopie slings on either end for a total max. suspension length of 70 inches.

She prefers the asym lie in this hammock but could comfortably be fully perpendicular. This baby hammock can also double as a camp chair when she grows out of it.