Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for your clarification - i'll place and order and see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
    Well,..it's really want you want out of a piece of gear. The tarp keys I would say are in the same class or usage. I had figure 9's prior to working this design out. I did break one when putting tension on the larger hook. when I first started using F9's i had a large line which didn't work. then i changed over to zing it which helped. I presume cost is on your thoughts,..which yeah, the keys and cross are more expensive but I made 400 sets of keys and 150 of the crosses using a waterjet where rates are $150/hr. F9's are stamped and probably offshore, i use a supplier in washington. i think the keys adjust a little easier and hold tension better on the line.

the crosses, i don't think i'd say they are in the same class. you can use these as tarp lines, ridge line hooks, tarp line hooks for hanging things, quick release on WBBB's and i've been toying around with using them as a removable ridgeline hook but i'm still testing to see what the actual load is on a ridge line. at current design the crosses break just over 200lb load.

it's really want the end user wants and works for them. a lot of people like to get the latest and have options. i like the keys because i dislike having to create a large loop then pull the rest through to adjust the f9's.

i hope this answered your question. if you're on the fence, i'll send you a set to try out and if you like them you can buy them, if not just send them back.

Good luck with the venture, the site looks great!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Thats great news Bloomgorge, congrats on the new venture. I'll be making some new hammocks this fall, and now that I know they're available, I'll be using the elephant trunks. If I would have had time, I would modify the hammocks I have for their use, but I'm leaving fri for vacation, so not enough time. I plan to just have a continuous loop larks headed to the hammock and just plain ol' strap suspension with and E.T. on the end, easy peasy. I'm very excited about this, it will make set up for my wife much easier. Good on ya for going into production. All the best.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    BWDD
    Insulation
    UGQ/UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ET
    Bloomgorge, Just ordered me some of the elephant trunks. Good work! I saw these in the early stages awile back and again when poking around and tonight. I needed a break from studying so my ADD kicked in and I happened to find your post tonight. Now if I can only get this lucky with a lotto ticket I would be all set......

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by spinkid View Post
    Bloomgorge, Just ordered me some of the elephant trunks. Good work! I saw these in the early stages awile back and again when poking around and tonight. I needed a break from studying so my ADD kicked in and I happened to find your post tonight. Now if I can only get this lucky with a lotto ticket I would be all set......
    thanks for the support,..i saw the order and it's packages and ready to go. shipping should be a few days, tuesday probably.
    http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/ elephant trunks, tarp keys and crosses

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    BWDD
    Insulation
    UGQ/UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ET
    Wow, you are quick!! My neighbor used my hammock on our last trip and my spare (don't we all have one..lol) has whoopies and the tree distance combined with diameter wasn't optimal for for my straps and whoopies and these things would of made finding him a site so much easier. Thank you.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.1DBL
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Received my tarp cross & key today. Really pleased with them so far, don't have the tarp yet but can have the RL stuff ready for when I do.
    Thanks for the great little gadgets and quick shipping!

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by spinkid View Post
    Wow, you are quick!! My neighbor used my hammock on our last trip and my spare (don't we all have one..lol) has whoopies and the tree distance combined with diameter wasn't optimal for for my straps and whoopies and these things would of made finding him a site so much easier. Thank you.
    i try to be fast with shipping as i always hate the wait. i hope they work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by EonSpark View Post
    Received my tarp cross & key today. Really pleased with them so far, don't have the tarp yet but can have the RL stuff ready for when I do.
    Thanks for the great little gadgets and quick shipping!
    i'm glad you're happy. i'd be interested in knowing how you finally set it up with the different options they lend. i was originally going to sell them both as pair but decided it was best to sell them as singles when we were shooting the videos.

take care,

patrick
    http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/ elephant trunks, tarp keys and crosses

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123