So I got Mrs Dogstar to try a hammock. I ordered her a DD scout as a starter hammock. At just £15 english pounds it's a good way to try hammocking for anyone as vertically challenged as Mrs Dogstar, without a huge expenditure.

We went to the local meadow and hung in what I call Hammocktest HQ, which is a traditional wood frame barn that sits in the middle of the field.

I hope everyone can see the pictures ok and there arnt too many of them to load!

This is Hammocktest HQ, in all it's glory.

Mrs Dogstar in the DD scout. She seems mighty happy. I lent her my home made sleeping bag UQ conversion to sweeten the hang for her.

Within 15 minutes, she was asleep! I think we have an instant convert here people! Proud to see my £20 sleeping bag doing it's job.

I took my Frontline too so she could experience a higher spec hammock, by the end of the day she was asking how much they are, what a WBBB is and the difference between my hammock and a hennessy hammock. I can see bank balances taking another dip shortly! All in all we had alot of fun and hopefully this will pave the way to some fun autumn hangs!