WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY!!!
    Insulation
    No Sniv & Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by lundquistas View Post
    Thx, I don't want the traveler because I want the bug net. So the only difference between the 1.1 and 1.7 is the 1.7 is more durable? Is it made for heavier people as well? I only weigh 170...what's the purpose of the double wall design besides storing a pad in it?
    Actually, IIRC, seems like Brandon suggested to me that the double layer would be more "durable" as in lasts longer because of the two layers. But the difference in longevity would rarely be noticed because you'd really have to put some miles on that ripstop for it to wear it out before the rest of the hammock wears out. Now, abrasion and rips are a different story. I think a rub against some concrete (like what my kids did to mine) would take out any ripstop.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Some people have said you have increased mosquito protection in a double. The lay is also affected by the weight of the fabric. If you are really heavy, you might sag too much with the 1.1 and would therefore want the extra support of the 1.7. I am in the same boat as you, researching for my first purchase, and we weigh about the same. I am going with the 1.1 double layer, as soon as funds allow.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY!!!
    Insulation
    No Sniv & Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well, there you go - I should have stopped typing and looked up. I think the only thing for you to do is buy both -- the senior guys on here know that's what you're going to do a year from now anyway, right? ;-) .....

Insulation
    Pad
    Haha, I don't have the funds for both right now. So I'm thinking of getting the 1.1 double layer...that is the no brainer choice if I'm going to use a pad correct?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY!!!
    Insulation
    No Sniv & Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Haha, I don't have the funds for both right now. So I'm thinking of getting the 1.1 double layer...that is the no brainer choice if I'm going to use a pad correct?
    I would say so because I couldn't imagine trying to get situated directly on top a pad, but in the end you'll also be getting an underquilt, sooooo...... just kidding -- i think the 1.1 double is the way to go -- you'll love it.

I just ordered the 1.1 double layer. I am 165 pounds and thought the double layer would be nice since it would allow the use of a pad more easily and the weight penalty over the 1.1 single layer is negligible to me.

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Thx, I don't want the traveler because I want the bug net. So the only difference between the 1.1 and 1.7 is the 1.7 is more durable? Is it made for heavier people as well? I only weigh 170...what's the purpose of the double wall design besides storing a pad in it?
    Ripstop nylon is durable in either weight. You have to take care of your gear and keep it out of the sun needlessly. At 170, you're not too heavy for either.

I have a double 1.7. I got this for car camping in the fall, winter and spring. The double layer provides a little more wind blocking, and can support more weight. It is also supposed to allow you to lay a little flatter than the 1.1. You can put a pad between the layers if you want. Sometimes I put other stuff between the layers like a hat or shirt or something I want to keep handy.

The 1.1 is a full pound lighter than the 1.7. I got that one for backpacking.

No matter how you go with a WBBB, you can't lose. If you buy one and find it is not what you had in mind, you can always sell it here on the forum too.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I to found the difference between 1.1 and 1.7 dbl a bit confusing. I weight 180, I followed the recommendations on Warbonnets Website under Hammock 101 and chosen the 1.1 dbl.

I also wondered if the 1.7 dbl would be more durable and last longer.

Ordered mine with a Camo Superfly and 3-season under quilt on the 14th July, still waiting.

Be prepared for a long wait before you receive your Blackbird.
    Last edited by Phillipsart; 07-25-2011 at 21:14.

Insulation
    Pad
    Thanks guys, right now I'm leaning towards the double 1.1...now I just need to raise some money. Anyone wanna buy a tent? ; )

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12