DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Ride home, HA, more like float home as much rain as you guy's got!?!?
    yeah there was a few times i didn't think i would make it home... LOL
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Dutch's prototypes
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    Great to put some faces to names. Thanks to Dutch for not only the great steaks but for re-doing not only my hammock (whoopie slings and great Dutch biners) but my tarp suspension (Dutch tarp flies) as well. We all know it but I'll say it again, Dutch is good people. Thanks again for the hardware, time and advice and lessons on how to use it. Thanks to Eagle-eye for the extra loop.

I have never seen rain come down so hard for so long. I know a lot of people who read are thinking, eeehhhh it's rain, big deal. I would think just that if I hadn't been in it. I got ever so slightly wet once, but it was my own fault and worth it. I use a 12x12 Sportsmans Guide tarp, it's on the heavier side for tarps but as Sat. night proved, it's worth the weight. It was the party tarp for everyone to eat under.

How I got slightly wet was, I like to hang my tarp straight out on the sides, like a canopy. This gives me tons of extra space work under. But also I like hanging and being able look all around. I hate feeling walled in like a tent. So not only was it raining but was foggy as well. I think that some of the mist condensated on the bug netting because I didn't stake the sides of the tarp down at an angle. When I woke and moved I felt a little water roll down from the foot and soak into my pants. It was so little I just rolled over and woke up dry later. If for all the lake Erie's worth of water that was dumped on me that night, that's the only only bit of wetness I had, I'll call that a WIN. I mean I've spill more drinking from my water bottle than what was in my hammock.

One piece of equipment that performed outstandingly was my USGI poncho. Kept me dry even in the thick of it. Highly recommend one.

All in all I enjoyed the weekend. If nothing else, the fact that I made it all night makes me a hammock noob no longer. I wish the veggies would have been done before the rain started. I hate wasting food. I new alcohol stove worked better then I could have hoped ( thanks Pinnacle). I made new friends, introduced them to my homemade jerky and "real" tea. The only question I have left is, when are we going back?

BTW, no pics as I didn't bring a waterproof camera.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    BC we will be going back soon LOL
    And i hope it doesn't rain like that again LOL
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456