Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

Traveler 1.1

How many have the Traveler 1.1 and what are your likes/dislikes, if any?
    Thanks for the replys. Decsions! Decsions!

Images
    I have the Traveler 1.1 DL, a Grand Trunks UL.

The Traveler and GT U are similar, but I prefer the Traveler for these reasons.

I like the double layer to put my pad in. Much better than trying to sleep on top of it. My z rest is a part of my pack suspension, so I'll always have it and want to make more use than just suspension with it. The Traveler is also wider than the GT U, meaning bigger sweet spot to lay in.

I like the Grand Trunks hammock a lot, but the Traveler sort of takes it up a comfort level for me that I really notice. The Traveler is a bit heavier, but not much. It also costs a bit more, but it's a double layer bigger hammock, so that makes sense.

They both pack about the same, really. I have whoopies on both hammocks and have never had a bad nights sleep in either one.

I like the separate bug net as I like to sleep open. Both hammocks afford this flexibility.

The Traveler is my go to hammock at present, with the Grand Trunks to lend out if someone one's to try hammocks or something.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I have the traveler 1.1 single layer from warbonnet and I love it. Plain and simple gathered end hammock. I switch the susupension and ridge line to dyna glide and it weighs 10.5oz I believe. It is deffienitly unnoticable in my pack. In the stuff sack it came it (the same as his tarp stuff sacks) it flattens down to maybe a half inch tall.

I weigh 185ish and am around 5'8". The hammock does stretch but its not bad. Never had any issues with shoulder squeeze. In fact I kinfa like the stretch. It forms to my body a bit and I can sleep on my side very well but still not enough to be restricted. The hammock is also big, more wide than long but you can get a very heavy diagonal lay easily.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    On the single layer,,anybody ever have trouble with mosquitoes nailing you from the underside? If I go single layer,,just thinking of buying a couple yds of mosquito net and rigging the top half of me with it for lightening the load alittle more.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Why don't you just save a bit more and get a 1.1 single blackbird? Raul Perez got his down to 18.44oz by switch to dyna glide. It could go down even less by using thinner shock cord and cordlock for the pullouts, or just not use them at all (bug netting will sag a bit though, but not enough to NEED pullouts).

Bugs should be fine with biting through, especially if you sleep in clothes.

Look up a recent thread "warbonnet needs your help" its all about bug biting through. I followed maybe 3 pages and not a single person had a problem. And brand said if you do, if would be more likely with the 1.7 single.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    On the single layer,,anybody ever have trouble with mosquitoes nailing you from the underside? If I go single layer,,just thinking of buying a couple yds of mosquito net and rigging the top half of me with it for lightening the load alittle more.
    Nope...You usually have an uq or pad under you anyway..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    3/4 Baby Orca IX
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    I really like my 1.1 Single Traveler. It is my first and only hammock, and after I spent some time learning how to hang it properly, I find it to be really comfortable. I'm 5'6'' and 160 lbs and have a good amount of room and can lay almost completely flat.

The hammock itself (no suspension, no stuff sack) weighs about 6.5 oz. By using dynaglide whoopies, 7/64'' amsteel as tree straps (put sticks under amsteel to protect tree if necessary), tiny aluminum toggles, and a mesh stuff sack, I got the weight of everything down to about 8 oz.

I think you'll be quite happy if you get it

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I have the single in the BB and the traveler. I really like them both. No issues with the BB in mosquitos biting through it in super heavy bug season.

I made a video on both hammocks on my youtube channel raulperez1

I'd post a link but I'm using my blackberry to type this.

Raul
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I have the 1.1 dbl WBBB and love the lay. Its really comfortable material. No dislikes about any of Brandon's products. I don't worry about bites because I either have an UQ or partial pad underneath me. In my traveler I have a bug sock so the pest cant get to me anyways. Which ever one you select you will be getting a great hammock.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    only time i've ever not been really comfy in my 1.1 single traveler has been when i couldn't find any trees that weren't really far apart. this is when i noticed the sag pretty severly. i just couldn't get comfy that night. anyway. like others have said, you'll be happy.

make the right choice based upon your weight and warbonnet's hammock weights and you'll be alight.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast