WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    This is still on my calendar. Working out details with my hiking buddy and my family to see who might be able to come along with me.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Gonna have to miss this one. I leave on the 19th or 20th for 3 1/2 weeks for work and didnt want to go on a 4 day hiking trip, spend one day with the family just before leaving. Have a good time guys and post some good pics.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Sorry you're going to miss it, HamMike. Maybe next time.

Ooooooooooooooooooohhh, Patrick! You just messed yourself up! You were supposed to post. . . "I still don't think I can come, but I'm gonna see who else from my family can't make it either!"
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    DIY ultralight gathered end
    Tarp
    WB big mambajamba
    Insulation
    stoic somnus bag
    Suspension
    7/64" DIY whoopies
    Images
    hey fellas, i cant go this time. I am leading a canoe trip that weekend with a group of guys so take me off the list. Maybe next time!
    -Dan
    Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues. Proverbs 17:28

Custom hammocks...cottage industry...endless options
    http://www.wix.com/dandeman94/dandemanhammocks
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dandem...10535562357869

Action sport photography.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trik-M...39451409426834

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Dang.. you're right! But I'm certainly not hoping I can't make it. Things are not looking like I can't come, and my hiking buddy and his son can't not make it either.

Unfortunately it does not look like my family members will make it to this one, even if it does not not work out.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    NCP, you've got a bad double negative problem!

Pompous teacher: "Two negative constructions in most languages equal a positive assertion, but I can say without fear of contradiction that there is no language in which two positives equal a negation."
    Voice from the back of the class: "Yeah, right."

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Ya all have fun. If my AT section plans fall through, I might give last minute notice and head up to join you. This past weekend was breezy to say the least, but still a good hang. I only had a short time, but headed to a protected site down Dobbin Grade, about 1/2 mile from the intersection with Bear Rocks Trail. Easy hike. I did forget to replace the #0 plastic S-biner on the tarp ridgeline with the #1 metal one and had an user error tarp problem at 0200 Sunday morning That did remind me to replace the biner with the right one; good thing I had the #1 biners with me. The wind got pretty awesome starting around 0100. I could barely stay upright as I got back to my Jeep Sunday morning. Did not get a lot of rain though. Any trip to the Sods is a good trip.

Our AT plans look to be holding (yeah!), but we might change the venue from south of Shenandoah NP to maybe from South Mtn, PA to Harpers Ferry, WV, since my hiking buddy had a knee injury earlier this summer and the long steep ups and even longer downs might be a knee pounder. I have hike the MD section before, but my one hiking buddy has not. I do like this section and there are lots of trees!

Hammock
    Hennessey Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to put together a lightweight menu for the weekend. Of course I will be at Basecamp, so it's not really necessary, but going through the mechanization is fun! Looking so forward to bird banding, I've never done that. My first ever non-scout hammock outing!
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks! 2 weeks!

less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some! less for some!

Looking at weather right now hot during day, lows of 65. Last year hot during day and lows in 50s. I'm predicting perfect weather in 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks!

Just a little excited are you HC? I'll be out at Otter Creek in 1 week. I would type it 40 times but I don't feel that energetic.
    "There are places in this world that are neither here nor there, neither up nor down, neither real nor imaginary. These are the in-between places, difficult to find and even more challenging to sustain." - Thomas Moore

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast