WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    OK I'm in. I'm overdue for a hang, and a paddle sounds good to me.

It looks like you are going up river, or am I looking at the map upside down?

I don't do white water. I'm just putting that information out. I old, fat but not too bald yet. I can still get into my kayak.
    I think that is a free weekend, just gotta put my time in at work for it. Looks good on this end and thanks for the invite.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    HH & WB & GT & ENO
    Tarp
    Hennessy ASYM 30D
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm in!

psyched for this trip, thanks for setting it up CrackMunk!

Jamie - nfa
    "We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

My Author Website/Blog - My first novel, "Here Be Monsters", a mystery set in the Adirondacks, has just been published in paperback and Kindle formats.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Hey NFA, it will be great to see you again. Hopefully I will be in a more talkitive mood. I think I kept to my self too much at the MASS hang this past Spring.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    HH Expedition zip, WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    OK I'm in. I'm overdue for a hang, and a paddle sounds good to me.

It looks like you are going up river, or am I looking at the map upside down?

I don't do white water. I'm just putting that information out. I old, fat but not too bald yet. I can still get into my kayak.
    I think that is a free weekend, just gotta put my time in at work for it. Looks good on this end and thanks for the invite.
    Glad to have you! so far I believe that would make 5. And yes its up river, no white Water. but the current is fast when the dam is just opened its a easy paddle. I did most of the paddling the last time I went with Hubby (5'2" 125lb) in a canoe. Hubby is a gimpy old chimp. ok I'l admit wwe did have a trolling motor on the 1/2 the way.
    formally known as "carolb"
    Spread the love baby, Spread the Love!
    Get the Ketchup!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Is there any way to know when the dam is open? The only reason I'm asking is that I work friday nights and I'll go strait there from work. 2 miles is OK but against the current and I'm going to sleep before I get the hammock up.

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    Is there any way to know when the dam is open? The only reason I'm asking is that I work friday nights and I'll go strait there from work. 2 miles is OK but against the current and I'm going to sleep before I get the hammock up.
    its really not as bad as it sounds.. I dont know the times but they do blow a siren before they open or close it. we paddled a over laden slow canoe most of the way. it took about 45 min-1hr at a real slow paddle. yes we did have a trolling motor but would over heat the battery so we paddled most of the way. it really is a easy paddle.
    Get the Ketchup!

Hammock
    HH & WB & GT & ENO
    Tarp
    Hennessy ASYM 30D
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm trying to decide which boat to paddle on this trip: Old Town solo canoe or my Hornbeck solo canoe...bulletproof vs lightweight...

Jamie-nfa
    "We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

My Author Website/Blog - My first novel, "Here Be Monsters", a mystery set in the Adirondacks, has just been published in paperback and Kindle formats.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackMunk View Post
    its really not as bad as it sounds.. I dont know the times but they do blow a siren before they open or close it. we paddled a over laden slow canoe most of the way. it took about 45 min-1hr at a real slow paddle. yes we did have a trolling motor but would over heat the battery so we paddled most of the way. it really is a easy paddle.
    OK thanks.

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    I would really like to take my Kayak but Tom can't do the paddle by himself in the canoe. I don't think we could even tranport them both without 2 cars. Can't wait!
    Get the Ketchup!

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    Just talked to the park, if your coming you must stop by the park office and get a parking permit. ( they didn't say that before). that parking lot is small so we may have to move some cars around. we will be going for "Spier Falls site". It is a first come fist serve site. I will be going up Friday morning to get the camping permit. there still may be some one on the site. but I think it would be fine to share. right now I'm looking at a total of 8-9
    Get the Ketchup!