Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
Thanks doctari for helping with that. We'll have to work something out for w1le. I'm glad you're making it.

Nicodumus, official dates are august 19-22. That's fri - mon. If you read back some of the post you'll see most people seem to be doing fri -sun. I will be doing sun - mon, hopefully ill make it up there to night hike in late saturday though. I'm sure the bulk of the people will be there saturday night.

Barefooter. Sad you can't make it. All the trails I know of are covered on www.backpackohio.com those are just backpacking trails though. There's hiking trails all over. You may want to buy the book 50 hiking trails of ohio. There's 2 editions. I'd go with the first. Or check it out at your local barnes and nobles first.
AKKK! I somehow thought it was going to be 12th 13th & 14th. I got to work 18th & 22nd. OH WELL, maybe next time.

Have fun y'all.

Some notes from my last time there:
Water available ONLY at the water tanks. At least when I was there. There was one stream between C & D, but even I wouldn't drink from it as it quite shortly feeds into a large stagnant pond, with some old beaver sign around it.
More than ample hang sites at the listed campsites.
Some Very good hiking, I only found one view (between C & D) but worth the walk.
Get a map, READ IT! There are some neat historical landmarks listed & Marked. The lake mentioned above is near the site of a former mining camp.
At D, the Privy is near the water tank, the campsites are behind it. There is a fairly nice gathering area about a 1/4 mile walk from the privy. When I was there: Fire ring, sitting logs, minimal hang sites AT the fire pit.
IF you choose to walk the service road, be alert, the water truck driver,,,,, drives "quickly"! Also: DO NOT CAMP ON THE SERVICE ROAD OR THE TURN AROUND. He was there in daylight when I was there at C, but it was Very early, I think around 8:00 AM. Not great hanging, but at C it "Could" be done.

Go Right out of the parking lot for the old forge (Immediately cross the bridge back towards the trailhead) & about 2 - 4 miles on your right is a lake with a swimming beach. All of us went for a swim after the last hangout, had a great time cooling off!!