Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Welcome to the cult....err.....errr.....hanging mafia.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Down Bag
    Suspension
    HH Standard
    I'm in banking too! Wonder how many people in the bank would be surprised to see us on a trail? Not many in my case. They all think I'm a redneck anyway.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaDan View Post
    I'm in banking too! Wonder how many people in the bank would be surprised to see us on a trail? Not many in my case. They all think I'm a redneck anyway.
    People always look at me funny when I tell why I am leaving work early. Most have no idea what backpacking actually is, one girl asked me if I "like catch my own food and make my own shelters and stuff" I think she has seen an episode of man vs. wild and thinks that is backpacking. I of course told her that I usually trap a bear the first night and then I have plenty of food for the entire trip.

I doubt it is too common of a hobby for most of the people in the banking industry.

Hammock
    DIY 1.3 Ripstop Nylon
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 Silnylon
    Insulation
    ccfPAD WM Highlite
    First off, let me welcome both of the two new hangers...welcome ! To AD about the outdoor skills and such, there are a lot of awesome resources for wilderness, survival, and general outdoor skills here as well as a few other sites. There are a few video shorts that I fell in love with called the AZ of bushcraft (if you can't find them on Youtube they're on my website). They're short, simple, and informative. But none the less, welcome, get ready to be hooked (again), and happy hanging.
    God Bless,
    Kyle
    [email protected]

"Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
    Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
    With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
    But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle" - Casting Crowns

Since this seems to be the newbie introduction thread I will chime in. Unlike the original poster I still have my mesh hammock Anyway I started using a hammock that my dad brought home from Korea, standard GI issue, I slept a good many nights and spent a few days hanging in the back yard as a kid. Now I have grown up and my son also crossed over to boy scouts this past Feb. I have been looking for a lightweight option since now that he get to lug his own gear I won't have to pack my 10lb 4 season tent on the trips. I wish I had thought about hammocks before I spent the money on the sleeping bag. And like a few other on here I am in finance.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Down Bag
    Suspension
    HH Standard
    Went to Wal-Mart yesterday, piddlin' around and started looking in the dollar fabric. I found a piece of nylon ripstop! It was orange, but beggers can't be choosers right. (Crimson Tide Fans HATE orange.) I ran up to the counter and it was 60 in width, but only 1.5 yards. BOOOO.... She said someone had bought a whole bunch the day before.

The lady said they get some in often and she would try and remember to call me. She put my info on the little table. You're right, hard to miss that little square pattern of ripstop.

On a lighter note, I found trailjournals.com and there are two hangers on there: Wing-it! and SGT Rock. I'm find those interesting. I think my favorite entry was "I caught a whif of something strange smelling today and realized it was me!"

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    there are others from here at HF on the AT as well. check out this thread & the "long distance hiking" forum here too.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=2607
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123