WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Not to change the subject, but storm1, I like your signature...I got funny looks for laughing at work..

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Veries
    Insulation
    arbridge UQ, & OTH
    Suspension
    Cinge Bukles
    Images

this?

Quote Originally Posted by storm1 View Post
    Not a Yeti but I did go with an UQ. I have a Phoenix from stormcrow.
    this?
    http://www.hammockgear.com/cart/inde...&products_id=8

or proved link or info please

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    I would personally go with the 3 season Phoenix. But that is just me. YMMV.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    What we're talking about is a silnylon undercover with a 5/8" open cell foam insulating pad supplemented with a space blanket

The undercover will cut wind and provide a dead air space. The foam pad traps more dead air and fits snug against the bottom. The space blanket adds reflectance and a vapor barrier.

I use a cloned undercover that is also a hoodless poncho. You can buy silnylon or breathable ripstop undercovers from 2QZQ for $35. Check out Garlington Insulators too. A Garlington Insulator is a light trash bag with a folded space blanket inside. They are surprisingly effective, super light and dirt cheap. I turned a space blanket into a bag using double stick tape and put folded space blankets or polyester batts inside. That works better yet.

I bought a Hennessy foam insulator to use with my undercover clone and it works for me. My testing has only been in 50F+ summer nights, so I can't give you a low temp rating. The space blanket adds a lot. Do try the AMK HeatsSheet space blanket as it is much quieter and tougher. My general impression of the foam insulator is that it is good for summer camping; I wouldn't be afraid to use it into the 40F+ range. It is very light and compact and it does need to be used with an undercover.

As of this writing Arrowhead/Kick *** Quilts has smaller synthetic underquilts on sale for $80 http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...s/show/2575062. That with a 2QZQ undercover will give you a very effective system. I would recommend the breathable ripstop version unless you are taking on a lot of wet windy weather. You can still add a space blanket or Garlington Insulators for colder weather--- same with the SuperShelter.

Any of the non-breathable components should be used with an eye to condensation. My tests have shown very minor condensation, but I'm out on the final verdict until I see more varied conditions.

2QZQ under covers (scroll down): http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/ham...cessories.html

My poncho undercover and mods to suit the Hennessy Asym Zip: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=36298

Garlington Insulators: http://www.garlington.biz/Ray/Hammoc.../Insulator.htm

Making Garlington Insulators with space blankets: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=36668
    Last edited by DaleW; 08-12-2011 at 09:30.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    ive enjoyed my supershelter. no condensation, no cold butt. I know an underquilt might be easier but I enjoy my supershelter enough to stay with it for awhile.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    HH Xped w/2QZQ#4 and HH ULBA
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenx|7DBurrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/DCs
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdemon View Post
    this?
    http://www.hammockgear.com/cart/inde...&products_id=8

or proved link or info please
    Yes but a winter...gets cold up here

I also have a winter Burrow on the way.
    Bring a GPS...It's awkward when you have to eat your buddies.

My YouTube Channel

Hammock
    HH Xped w/2QZQ#4 and HH ULBA
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenx|7DBurrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/DCs
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Not to change the subject, but storm1, I like your signature...I got funny looks for laughing at work..
    thanks.
    Bring a GPS...It's awkward when you have to eat your buddies.

My YouTube Channel

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Veries
    Insulation
    arbridge UQ, & OTH
    Suspension
    Cinge Bukles
    Images

im getting this one for now.

this is what i ended up getting let me know if yall have used the UQ and if it is good.
    http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...s/show/2575062

Anniversary Sale: Jarbridge River Under Quilt

Anniversary Sale pricing on one of the most popular KAQ's. Not quite full length not quite 3/4 it fits a variety of hammocks and only needs a very short foot pad. A great fit on a bridge hammock or any gathered end. Rated to 30 degrees and measuring 42"x58"

Available in Woodland camo with Coyote Brown...fully reversable, pick which side you want out one night to the next.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdemon View Post
    this is what i ended up getting let me know if yall have used the UQ and if it is good.
    http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...s/show/2575062

Anniversary Sale: Jarbridge River Under Quilt

Anniversary Sale pricing on one of the most popular KAQ's. Not quite full length not quite 3/4 it fits a variety of hammocks and only needs a very short foot pad. A great fit on a bridge hammock or any gathered end. Rated to 30 degrees and measuring 42"x58"

Available in Woodland camo with Coyote Brown...fully reversable, pick which side you want out one night to the next.
    I have had great results with my super shelter, but I could not pass up this quilt. I have never tried an under quilt, so this will give me something new to play with.

I am also thinking of trying the quilt with the supershelter if I go out when it is lower than the 30's.

Ragnall

Hammock
    HH Explorer deluxe & WBBB 1.7SL
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG 0° Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies or ropes
    Tried The HH SS a few times now and really like it. It has been mostly nice summer nights but with chilly winds and in mountains though. No idea what the temp were, I suspect around 10-12C, and it was perfect just with the UC and foam pad.

I plan to use it in winter and I am a bit nervous when I compare it to these big fluffy UQ ;-)

My only -big- disappointment is that the UC is made to fit bottom entry HH, so you have that big stupid oddly closed slit instead of a perfect cocoon... I really think HH should make 2 different models.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast