WB Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Std
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Line/Strap

Quick overnighter

First off I will say, there are no pics! I was in such a hurry to get out I forgot the camera. The weather in CT as of late has been goofy to say the least. It has been raining with a chance of thunderstorms most of the last week. So when I heard Thursday was going to be nice, I had to slip out. After I took care of some school work, I grabbed my stuff and headed out to my secret place. I got out about an hour before the sun settled behind the trees so there was more than enough time to set up my hammock and my cookstuff for dinner. There was not a cloud in the sky so I left the tarp in it's sack, just strung up my Traveler and my PapaSmurf bug sock. I also fluffed up my HammockGear quilts because the temps were expected to get into the 60's.

After my sleeping arrangements were made, I set up my MSR Wisperlite and got out my Duralite pot and made some rice. Now I know full well my cookware is a bit out of fashion but white gas stoves are my favorite to use. I like tinkering with them and they always produce good strong heat. Plus they just smell like camping to me. I have messed around with alky stoves but the don't have the same allure are a gas stove. Canisters are just too easy although I do keep an Crux with me when I am feeling lazy. I have had just about everything you can buy at one point or another but the Whisperlite has always been my favorite. Anyway, my rice came out great and after eating I sat in the hammock for a bit and read until I got too dark.

After dark it was unusually still. No wind to rustle the trees. This allowed me to hear every bug, frog and distant noise possible. It was awesome. I laid awake for about an hour looking up at the stars before nodding off to sleep. At times like this I feel really sorry for tenters. It did wind up getting quite chilly but I slept right through it. In the morning I woke up with dew all around but my gear was dry. I took down my hammock, jumped in the truck and went for a long drive through central CT. No radio, no distractions, just one of the most beautiful mornings you ever ask for. Having breakfast along side of the Connecticut River wasn't too shabby either. The more time I spend in my hammock, the more I enjoy it. I find myself getting out more than I ever did with my tent, even if it is only for the night.

sounds like a great trip.. I fully understand and agree that the more I use my hammocks the more allure they have... thanks for sharing with us. happy hanging

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Your briefing made me happy......you painted a fine picture.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Only a couple more months...Only a couple more months...
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Std
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Line/Strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Your briefing made me happy......you painted a fine picture.
    Shug
    I thought you were happy ALL the time! Seriously, your videos pretty much got me into the hanging world. I was in the process of sussing it out when I came across your stuff. I had to draw the line with the hammock stuff though or else I'd be whipping out the credit card to buy a unicycle!

• + New Posts