WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    pad / sleeping bag
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing

New Tarp Ridge Line / Guy Line Q's

Hey there fellow hangers. I just recently received my WB BMJ Tarp. Great tarp! So, I've been reading over threads to get an idea of the different methods people are using for their tarp guy lines / ridge lines. I am not sure if I want to do a ridge line for my tarp, I am experimenting with knots and some ideas right now. I would like to hear suggestions, one thing I am considering is using shock cord, can anyone suggest a good source of shock cord to order say 50-100 ft? I've searched but there's a lot of threads to go through.

Right now I have some 550 olive paracord and I bought some braided mason's line. I have some lengths of paracord with the mason's line attached to the paracord via Klemheist knots, which are pretty cool and seems to work fairly well. I figure at least to start this will give me a little bit of easy adjustment on my guy lines. What line have people had the best results with for their ridge lines? I also have a pair of stainless steel small S-biners that I could utilize. I'm tossing around various options for securing the tarp ridge line to trees, then prob using the Klemheist ( I guess it's a bit easier to deal with than a prusik? ) to attach the cord from the ridge line loops to the cord attached to the tree(s). So far I'm having fun experimenting with various knots, neat stuff. ^__^

I always try to abide by KISS ( keep it simple! ) and I was wondering if one adds some thicker ( maybe 1/4" ) shock cord to the ridge lines of the tarp, if this might reduce the need for shock cord on the guy lines? I am thinking more about the tarp self adjusting to remain taught rather than tripping over line. The yellow flourescent mason's line for the guy lines should keep them visible. Thanks for your input!

Justin

P.S. here's some shock cord ( I'm looking for black / grey; 3/16" would prob be ideal ) I found on amazon, but the shipping is pretty steep:

http://www.amazon.com/100-FT-Shock-C...dp/B001P6CO6Q/
    Last edited by pahanger; 08-12-2011 at 19:16.

• + New Posts