Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65
  1. #41
    Senior Member koffar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Hammock
    WB BB dbl1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ\TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbin
    Posts
    124
    Images
    46
    Cool design
    Whats included in the packaged weight: 3 lbs. 10 oz? hammock and tarp?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    omaha, ne
    Posts
    277

    Taller Hangers Beware!!

    Just got the Exped Ergo Hammock in the mail and immediately set it up with a large Neo Air all season pad. Ill do a more detailed report later, but for anyone on the fence note that this is NOT the hammock for you if you are anywhere near my height. Im 6' 1 1/2 and its not even close to fitting me. While in it, I had to have my legs crossed Indian style to fit. Id say that you better be under about 5'9" and even then Im not sure if youd be able to strectch out. Its weird that the hammock seems to fit the 77 inch pad just fine.

    There was also some fabric pulling from the stiching area that I was not happy about. Again, more details later when I have some more time.

  3. #43
    Knotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denville, NJ, USA
    Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Posts
    4,458
    Images
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post
    Just got the Exped Ergo Hammock in the mail and immediately set it up with a large Neo Air all season pad. Ill do a more detailed report later, but for anyone on the fence note that this is NOT the hammock for you if you are anywhere near my height. Im 6' 1 1/2 and its not even close to fitting me. While in it, I had to have my legs crossed Indian style to fit. Id say that you better be under about 5'9" and even then Im not sure if youd be able to strectch out. Its weird that the hammock seems to fit the 77 inch pad just fine.

    There was also some fabric pulling from the stiching area that I was not happy about. Again, more details later when I have some more time.
    That's bad news for you but good news for me. You just helped me avoid the temptation to buy one of these bad boys.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    omaha, ne
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    That's bad news for you but good news for me. You just helped me avoid the temptation to buy one of these bad boys.
    I'll lose out on the shipping but rei is great with returns so I hear I am pissed that I wasted my 20 percent off 1 item with it though

  5. #45
    Senior Member lymphocytosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MN
    Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Posts
    872
    CFI, if you call them and explain the situation they will give you the 20% off something else.
    Just call me "Blood Disease"

    Pay it Forward Rules and Spreadsheet

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    omaha, ne
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by lymphocytosis View Post
    CFI, if you call them and explain the situation they will give you the 20% off something else.
    Thanks..ill try that!

  7. #47
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edmond, ok
    Posts
    16
    Got mine last week, I'm 5'8" and was suprised how short it was, just a heads up to anyone thinking about it. So far I have only hung it in the house, but it seems to be very comfortable. If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them.

  8. #48
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Hammock
    Dream RG, Exped Ergo, Hennessy
    Tarp
    Exped Ergo Combi
    Insulation
    HG Phx, HG Incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Hooks
    Posts
    9
    Just set it up again. I know I am a total newby so don't get distracted by my sophomoric setup...

    The first is for size comparison to. Bottle of water.

    The next what's included.

    The tree ropes. Hanging with snakes, then a picture of the ridge line, you can see the adjustment holes on each side.

    Hanging with bug fly off and starting a large neoair pad.

    With neoair, inside with screen (I am 5'11 - feet fit fine. A couple of the tarp.

    Let me know if I missed something - going to try it tonight.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    omaha, ne
    Posts
    277
    Id agree about it being comfortable, if I didn't need to be in an extreme curl to fit inside. Im surprised that at 5'11 you are able to fit as well as you seem to. Ill mess around some more with before I return. I really do like how compact the whole system is and I like the suspension system as well.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Jsaults's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc
    Posts
    1,545

    cfi on the fly - same problem

    I ordered mine from FourDog - I had already used my REI discount on another purchase.

    I too experienced fabric pull from the area adjacent to the suspension line pull-outs, this after less than 30 minutes of hanging. It will be interesting to see what Exped says about this.

    Jim

    Edit: Spoke with Don at FourDog, and hammock is going back to Exped. I have never met Don, but he certainly seems to be a fine fellow.
    Last edited by Jsaults; 04-04-2012 at 19:50.

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Exped Ergo Combi
    By Fam Rider in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 08:00
  2. Exped Ergo Hammock Combi
    By Paprika bohlmann in forum Reviews
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 15:41
  3. Exped Ergo Hammock Combi 2013 longer model question
    By Bateman in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 04:18
  4. SOLD: 2 Exped Ergo Combi Hammock and Tarp $275 each shipped CONUS
    By Crog Welly in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 12:06
  5. F/S- Exped Ergo Hammock Combi
    By Yukon Chuck in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 20:01

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •