Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Dam9DX?

Quote Originally Posted by fourdog View Post
    I also have found it is not as comfertable without a mat.

I found a wide 24" + long + thick mat works best.

With the insulation of your mat a under quilt is not needed.

I have sleepet down to -20 with a Dam9DX down mat and a down sleeping
    bag rated to -20 in complete comfert. No other insulation.

fourdog

www.fourdog.com
    Fourdog, what is the Dam9DX? I searched the abbreviation page on HF and couldn't find it. Sorry I'm a rookie and don't get all the lingo. Looking for a solid all-around hammock and insulation. Comparing Exped down mats w/ Thermarest XTherm at this point. Would like not to have to get down UQ but just use my existing down bags for on top and take a pad for under insulation. Suggestions? Thanks.

Hammock
    Exped combo, exped basic
    Tarp
    DYI, six sided
    Insulation
    foam refletex,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fthanger View Post
    Fourdog, what is the Dam9DX? I searched the abbreviation page on HF and couldn't find it. Sorry I'm a rookie and don't get all the lingo. Looking for a solid all-around hammock and insulation. Comparing Exped down mats w/ Thermarest XTherm at this point. Would like not to have to get down UQ but just use my existing down bags for on top and take a pad for under insulation. Suggestions? Thanks.
    DAM9DX = Exped Down Air Mattress # 9DX

It's a 3,5" thick air mattress with down in it as a insulator.
    If you go on the Ergo Hammock I'd use Dam9DX, on other hammocks I think a under quilt would work better for you.

fourdog

www.fourdog.com

Dam9DX

[QUOTE=fourdog;737770]DAM9DX = Exped Down Air Mattress # 9DX

If you go on the Ergo Hammock I'd use Dam9DX, on other hammocks I think a under quilt would work better for you.

Thanks! I'm actually returning my Exped Ergo, you can see my comments above. Not happy w/ the build quality and sizing. Too bad, b/c I was really stoked to get this and thought I found the perfect hammock . Do you prefer the Exped DAM over the Thermarest Xtherm? The xtherm is only 5.7 Rvalue but also only 14 oz. Not sure what temps that would get me down to?

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down Underquilt
    Suspension
    Webbing and Rings
    I have a WBBB DL 1.1 and a Hennessy but have been waiting for something like the Exped that may give me a better option to sleep on my side. I've been put off by the comments on how the Ergo is to short. I wrote to Exped in Switzerland to see if they have any plans to produce a longer version and here is their response today - including typos ;-)

Dear Jeremy

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in our products.
    We to work for a longr Model. She will be, 20 cm longer and in the next year for buying, maby.

Best Regards
    Uta

Exped AG
    Hardstr. 81
    CH-8004 Zuerich
    Switzerland
    Tel +41 (0) 44 497 10 10
    Fax +41 (0) 44 497 10 11
    [email protected]
    www.exped.com

Quote Originally Posted by fourdog View Post
    DAM9DX = Exped Down Air Mattress # 9DX

fourdog

www.fourdog.com
    Do you think the UL version would be as good as the regular DAM9DX?

Do you think I can also use it during the summer?

I'm just not sure because I still have a large Thermarest Neoair but from what you said the thicker matt also provides some stability and comfort right?

fourdog, Did you have a pressure ridge across the middle of the hammock caused by the lines in the middle of suspension system being tighter on both sides than those on the outside of the suspension line system? I hung mine for the first time yesterday and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of this problem.

Hei Virus,
    i had exactly the same Problem. I tried to losen the "tight String(s)" by opening the knot and tied it again but with more length in the string. It worked perfect. But I have another Problem with uneven pressure. Some of the strings in the right side of the footend seem very lose, the other side is tight. Also some Seams on the head end are very tight and i'm afraid that the Nylon fabric get damaged over time.

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk

Hammock
    TX-150, Roo, HB SBBF
    Tarp
    Vertex, ShangriLa
    Insulation
    Z-liner, WL SS UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. buckle
    Another hammock to consider is hammocktent's 90* hammock. Luke essentially designed the Ergo and then about a year ago got permission to put out his own hammock. It does not come as a kit, and you can order a cuben tarp, but the hammock is really nicely made and does not require a pad (though it will take one). Derek at The Ultimate Hang did a review of it recently. His review convinced me to get the Luke's 90* gamma UL instead of the Amok Draumr (though I am getting one of those as well in the very near future).
    Discretion is the better of valor

Hammock
    90 Degree Gamma UL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Are people able to re-use their existing tarps for the Exped and 90 Degree hammocks? I'm assuming the asym and similar minimalist tarps wouldn't work, are some the winter tarps with built in doors workable?

Me again, i have another problem with the hammock in colder nights. yesterday i slept in the woods with a night temperature around 4 degrees Celsius. i got very cold at my back because I didn't reach the pad with my back. and another problem is, when i change my sleeping position the pad sometimes shifts on one side and i lay only half on the pad. if i inflate the pad with less air, the isolation is bad.
    The pad is a exped downmat 7.
    Is there anyone with a similar experience or with ideas how to sleep better ans warmer?

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast