All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    hahahaha ****. Im only 20 here so im not quite being forced to antique yet.........or am I? but Im trying here, but shes making me look like that bad guy.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    tell her well hold your man card hostage if you dont come...

hahaha, you know its all in good fun.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    tell her well hold your man card hostage if you dont come...

hahaha, you know its all in good fun.
    haha I know. its pretty good because I havent been on here alot lately so its good to be posting again
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    hahahaha ****. Im only 20 here so im not quite being forced to antique yet.........or am I? but Im trying here, but shes making me look like that bad guy.
    I feel old now. And don't worry, it's right around the corner. It goes something like this: courting, marriage, honeymoon, antiquing. The last 3 happen in rapid succession of course.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    I feel old now. And don't worry, it's right around the corner. It goes something like this: courting, marriage, honeymoon, antiquing. The last 3 happen in rapid succession of course.
    haha antiquing should never happen to any man. thats awful. is there a support group for men who have been through that?

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    yes, were meeting this weekend.....

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Ok REV so what is the plan when we get to the front gates? Do we tell the guard we are with the hammock forum hang or we are with you? Do I need to pay anything else at the gate (other then for the wife)? Just trying to nail down a few more details before we leave.
    Last edited by mbcruzin; 09-29-2011 at 15:03.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I am new at this hang stuff and I may check out your hang. It is a maybe though, I have to talk the husband into it. I think it will be awesome though. Hope to see you all there.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by wwk10 View Post
    Is there any rough itenerary? I assume not, but I would hate to ride up to find an empty camp while everyone is on a group hike or something.
    I will probably be around during the day Saturday.

That is, unless I go antiquing.

Chris

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    ok, so heres some last minute details!!!!

MB: usually there isnt anyone at any kind of gate. theres only a small pay shack, but again, ive never seen anyone there. There is, however, an envelope that you put $2 per person in and use the flap to mark you paid (mirror hanger) but last i checked all you would have to do is grab the envelope for the hanger. when i talked to the ranger at the office they said i just would need to let them know how many is in the group, and i think thats for the mirror things. IF any one asks, just tell them youre at the GROUP/BSA CAMPSITE with DAVID KITTS. you SHOULD NOT be asked to pay any more, and at most just the $2 per person fee. its well worth that to be here!!! anything else they ask, ill take care of if you can point them to me. cant miss me, tattooed fat guy with a nose ring.....

also, since most of you will be coming off 95, ill tell you how I get to the hang site the easiest:

Assuming you come down the road with LONESTAR BBQ, youll come to a 4-way stop sign. if youre like me youll pass right by the right turn off towards the camp, but thats ok, just make the right at the stop sign. the MAIN PARK is straight ahead, including the camp store, office and interpretive center, cabins and boat tours. the GROUP HANG site is to the right of that stop sign, and youll follow it around keeping right at the first fork, youll pass makers for SINK HOLD POND on the right and past that youll see a turn off on the left, might be marked boat ramp/group camp/bsa primitive area...

this is the map, if you look at the very top right youll see the little loop that is where well be. http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/co.../MapSantee.pdf

now, on to some fun stuff. im picking up the raffle tickets tonight! and a box from the cigar shop just came in...mmmmmm......

FOOD: we had discussed having a potluck, but it never really took off so in the mind of simplicity why dont we do this: lets bring some non perishable (unless you bring the needed ice to keep it cool) deserts to have stuff for breakfast/snacks etc, drinks if you want (we all should have a drinking vessel)...
    and on saturday night, maybe we can all get together in the same area to cook our meals together, showing off cookware and stoves.

friday night is fend for yourself, as are lunches. were close to town, so no need to pack much with you.

PARKING is easy, theres 3 main areas. one is near the bathrooms, which i ask you guys not to use just because this area is for a lot of people and there may (slim chance per the rangers) be others wanting to use it. then theres one directly in front of out area, and one more (big) lot where the boat ramp is. all within site of the camp area.

Trees will be spread thin, and if other campers (re: ground dwellers) are in the area to use this place, we will be working with them. but the thoughts on the matter from the rangers are that we camp where tents cant, so we can spread out some.

lastly, come ready to have a good time. 3-season gear will do you just fine as the coolest its looking is 45*.

tonight, i am packing up the rest of my gear, making gift bundles for the raffle and getting ready to have some fun. ill be at the site before 11, so feel free to take a look around. ill be there soon to set everything up!!!

if anyone has questions or is lost, you can TEXT me at (843) 270-1591. i cant promise ill have signal out there, but we can try.

BajaHanger, tell him to put on his man pants and come, itll be a great time and youll have the chance to win some awesome prizes from our vendors, as well as learn a bunch of stuff.

oh, ill also have my POLISHED DUTCH CLIPS there, as well as a few other polished items (like a half polished Elephant trunk...) so feel free to ask about my bling....
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast