Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Crotalus,

So I was in your predicament not long ago. Had an eno (still like it) and was heading to a scout camp. I knew I would need a bug net. Once I started looking at them, I realized that would be a good $75 - ish for something that would end up getting replaced in the near future with the WBBB (not to mention the ridgeline for $10). Well, that $75 + is a good way towards the WBBB price. So that is how I justified it to myself. And wouldn't you know, if you order a hammock and a tarp your get 10% off. That made my edge tarp super reasonable. So now I have a great setup for camping and a secondary ENO to lend out or for backyard hanging or for the kids. All around a win/win. (the SO may not agree, but it works for me)

jason

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    the cool thing is that the little space in your head will grow exponentially as you ascend off the ground. Become a hanger-become smarter.
    Someone did mention Warbonnet Blackbird? If not let me mention it. Warbonnet Blackbird. Have doubts about the blackbird? Then consider that there are between 1 and 2 million in Sweden alone, in fact in that country it is the national bird!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    RidgeRest Pad
    Unfortunately the MAHHA event is after my trip. I am considering going there even if only for the day to see some of the hammocks in person.

I would gladly buy my wife a WBBB or a Clark if it meant she would use it for camping . Her idea of roughing it is when we don't have full hookups for the fifth wheel. She has promised to do some overnights now that we have our kayaks so we will see if that happens.

Price isn't really the driving force for me, heck by the time you add up a BB with tarp you are in the neighborhood of the Clark. I don't mind paying the price for one, just don't want to buy both. I am looking for ease of use and comfort.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps
    Some people are amused that there is such a thing as a hammock forum. Lying in a hammock seems like it should be so simple, so benign. Why would there be a forum? Who would be interested in a fourm about hammocks? That's crazy.

Look at what technology and innovation have done to us. We have to go through this agony of addictive behaviors. We need a forum. "Hi, my name is Charles, and I sleep in a hammock. I'm getting worse, now its several times a week and I have moved out of the yard and into the woods. I spent a lot of time researching which one to buy. I bought a Hennessy, so I had a hammock. But then I bought a thread injector. I just made a hammock, that means I have three hammocks now. I did a lousy job on the one I just made. But now I am trying not to buy more material. I have been trying not to buy more material for three days. I'm afraid I might buy enough to make four more hammocks,...I think I am going to do it tonight. I want a Blackbird too. I don't know why, it doesn't make any sense. I need to talk to someone, I need a forum."
    "To turn from this increasingly artificial and strangely alien world is to escape from unreality. To return to the timeless world of the mountains, the sea, the forest and the stars is to return to sanity and truth." --Robert Burnham Jr.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps
    I just read my post. Its all true, every word of it. This is friggin' serious man. I never had really thought about it before now. I have a problem.
    "To turn from this increasingly artificial and strangely alien world is to escape from unreality. To return to the timeless world of the mountains, the sea, the forest and the stars is to return to sanity and truth." --Robert Burnham Jr.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mt. Washington 3
    Suspension
    Webbing
    <evil grin> Welcome to our addiction</evil grin>
    Tim
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~ Douglas Adams

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KerMegan View Post
    you might try to get to a group 'hang' near you, a chance to see many setups and different models of gear before you finalize your choice(s)
    In fact seeing as you are in PA there is a Jersey Pine Barrens Hang in the winter. Just throwing that out there, not sure if your set up for winter hangs or whatever, even a day trip to chill out and check out some of the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakfoot
    I just read my post. Its all true, every word of it. This is friggin' serious man. I never had really thought about it before now. I have a problem.
    ROFL! I laughed audibly at that. I recently had a self realization about how addicted I am to this as well...when I realized that as I am driving I take note of areas I would like to hang. I think woah! "Hi my name is Steve and I am an addict", "HIII STEEEEEVEEE"
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    RidgeRest Pad
    Well I think I made a few decisions:

Not going to worry about a bug net, since both the Warbonnet and Clark include a bug net I will not get one now. Only doing 2 nights so will use a combination of DEET and Thermacell to combat the skeeters.

Probably going to add the structural ridge line and whoopies to the ENO, it will still be my backyard and RVing hammock for relaxing so they are improvements that wont go to waste.

Going to get some type of tarp, will need one if I get the Warbonnet and if i decide on a good one I could just get the Clark without the tarp.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    So, where are all the converts to the Switchback? (At least a few of whom are former BBers)

I feel morally obliged to offer up this option as well.

Go to the Tree to Trail subforum for more info.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    keep an eye out in the trip section of the forums... a few of us hang at the 501 Shelter every once in a while....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12