DH Sparrow #3008
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Std
    Insulation
    WL 20* Full UQ
    Suspension
    DW 8' Tree Huggers

Thread moved

I had one of my threads moved from the General Hammocking forum. My question is how do I go about getting it moved back, if possible. Is there an official way to appeal this process?

In my thread I was asking what people used to keep their feet warm in a hammock regarding booties since I use a sink mummy liner. I did not want to discuss hot water bottles as that already had a thread that had been talked through extensively. Therefore I made mine a little more specific to see what other people were using. So I don't understand why that thread (Hot Water bottles) was made a sticky in that forum and mine was removed to someplace where I no longer even have access to it.

Can someone please explain this to me? I really want to follow the rules and make sure that I am posting my questions to the proper forum.

Thank you for your assistance to this matter.
    I am a 28 year-old trapped in a 62 year-old body!

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    It was related to clothing, so it was moved to the clothing section in the Donating Members section. Lots of off topic things over there--cutlery, camp kitchen, packs, clothing are examples. The general forums are kept to hammock talk only. I don't think you can get it moved back. You could become a donating member. Best $10 I every spent!
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #3008
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Std
    Insulation
    WL 20* Full UQ
    Suspension
    DW 8' Tree Huggers
    Thanks for the response. But I still don't understand how that is any different from using a hot water bottle to keep your feet warm. Why is that a stick and not moved to an other equipment forum? Water bottles have nothing to do with hammocks.
    I am a 28 year-old trapped in a 62 year-old body!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    These are questions that are probably best taken to the mods as private messages. Posting questions like this in open forums is kind of asking the customer service operator why the policy makers decided to do thus and such. You probably won't get a reasonable answer cause they just don't know.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yeah man - that thread was about booties. Your OP made one mention about also using them in the hammock...but even your title was about booties and not about hammocks.

The hot water bottle thread was more specific about using it to stay warm at night in the hammock.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts