Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 448
  1. #31
    Member PatHex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bourgogne, France
    Posts
    99
    You are welcome !

    Can you find a swedish company which can make a pyrography of the logo on a kuksa, a traditional bowl ?
    It would be fantastic if I can have a souvenir from Sweden like this.

  2. #32
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    809
    Images
    17
    I have found one swedish company that make prints on wood kuksas but those kuksas are machinemade and you have to order at least 25 pieces.
    They can only print one color also.

    Doesn´t sound like an option to me!
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  3. #33
    Member PatHex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bourgogne, France
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Joz View Post
    Oh, but you should be. I hear they like french cuisine...
    Ahahhaaha... Myself personal fresh meat isn't that good ! No fat, no good muscles... nothing tasty (even for the wolves) !

    I haven't try to cook a gädda but I'm learning the swedish way "to filet" the fish : Filéa och bena ur gädda, very interresting !

    Anyway, if you guys enjoy cooking, we could have some cooking session on the camp site for the 2012 SKAHO.
    So we could share to each other, some recipes and make some nice meals with a "french/scandinavian" camp style.

    The french style always included a touch a good french wine in the recipe.......... Sounds good, isn't it ?

  4. #34
    Member PatHex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bourgogne, France
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    I have found one swedish company that make prints on wood kuksas but those kuksas are machinemade and you have to order at least 25 pieces.
    They can only print one color also.

    Doesn´t sound like an option to me!
    I'd rather like the logo to be "pyrograved" (can I say that ?) by hand, anyway thank you Bieggolmai for the search !

    I will look for some local kuksa, made in Sweden, during my trip. And I'm going to try to pyrography it myself, the bushcraft's way : Old knives hotted to red on a camp site fire. This could be a nice project.

  5. #35
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    809
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHex View Post
    Ahahhaaha... Myself personal fresh meat isn't that good ! No fat, no good muscles... nothing tasty (even for the wolves) !

    I haven't try to cook a gädda but I'm learning the swedish way "to filet" the fish : Filéa och bena ur gädda, very interresting !

    Anyway, if you guys enjoy cooking, we could have some cooking session on the camp site for the 2012 SKAHO.
    So we could share to each other, some recipes and make some nice meals with a "french/scandinavian" camp style.

    The french style always included a touch a good french wine in the recipe.......... Sounds good, isn't it ?
    The Swedish style is with a large bottle of homemade snake-juice!
    If you have enough snake-juice you can skip the food.....
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  6. #36
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    809
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHex View Post
    I'd rather like the logo to be "pyrograved" (can I say that ?) by hand, anyway thank you Bieggolmai for the search !

    I will look for some local kuksa, made in Sweden, during my trip. And I'm going to try to pyrography it myself, the bushcraft's way : Old knives hotted to red on a camp site fire. This could be a nice project.
    Yeah, I understand what you mean!
    Would be cool, will check if I know someone that is good at doing such things.
    A SKAHO-knife with a reindeer-"horn"-handle would be nice!
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  7. #37
    Member PatHex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bourgogne, France
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    Yeah, I understand what you mean!
    Would be cool, will check if I know someone that is good at doing such things.
    A SKAHO-knife with a reindeer-"horn"-handle would be nice!
    Oh ! oh ! Yeah ! THAT sounds G-R-E-A-T !
    A knive handdle made of local wood for the pyrography with some reeindeer antler (hjorthorn) and leather would be great !
    See what I mean : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64-ZN52KHmM (from 2:20 when Ray Mears starts to talk about his knife handle)
    Please contact that "someone" and tell me how much it would cost. Thanks buddy !

  8. #38
    Member PatHex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bourgogne, France
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    The Swedish style is with a large bottle of homemade snake-juice!
    If you have enough snake-juice you can skip the food.....
    Ahahhahaha ! Yeah ! In the french Alpes mountains they use a dried toad for their local alcohol.................
    I've never try ! And won't drink that...

  9. #39
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHex View Post
    Anyway, if you guys enjoy cooking, we could have some cooking session on the camp site for the 2012 SKAHO
    Beware when Bieggolmai starts cooking !!
    This is cut from here:
    Day 3 Departure day
    Everybody got up earlier than me and when
    i finally got to the shelter Peter announced that he was going to cook us breakfast.

    Instant egg breakfast !

    The three of sat down on the edge of shelter facing the fire.
    Peter brought up three eggs, that he pecked a tiny hole in.
    He placed the eggs in the hot ashes beside the glowing goal.

    And announced, Any minute now, just be patient !
    After a minute or two he started to mumble and looked a bit strange.
    We kept our eyes on the eggs while he put some fire wood really close to eggs.

    BANG
    In an instant we all understood what instant egg breakfast meant!




    The eggs had exploded, in our faces, over the shelter, it was egg everywhere .
    Fun trick Peter
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  10. #40
    Member PatHex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bourgogne, France
    Posts
    99
    Are they, reindeer eggs ?











    Thanks for sharing ! I won' be tricked by Bieggolmai at the next meeting !

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 415
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 11:09
  2. Video: John Rock Group Hang 2012
    By FireInMyBones in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 07:08
  3. TR: Michigan group hang Feb 24-26, 2012
    By bloomgorge in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 05:55
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 23:34
  5. Alpacka Adventure in Sweden/Scandinavia 2012
    By moski in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 13:03

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •