Warbonnet
    Tarp
    WB CldB/OES McCat
    Insulation
    MAMW tq/WB uq
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopie

2Q-ZQ zipper mod recommendations requested

Just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2Q-ZQ zipper mod to my Hennessey Expedition Asym. Leaning towards Mod#2 with full length zipper on the right side as shown on the website. I am right handed and since I have to this point exited only from the bottom, I don't have a preference (that I am aware of ). If anyone has an opinion based on a 2Q-ZQ mod they have had done, I would appreciate any feedback. Just wondering since the closest tie-out is actually on the left side, if there is some reason because of that, I should be considering the left side for the full length zipper.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Tom

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mountain Bridge UL
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRBShenado& MtWash
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Recommend Mod #2

I recently had mod #2 completed on my HH Explorer ultralight and love it. I went with the left side because the right side is much higher when I lay diagonally. At the end of the day, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the mods. It all comes down to how you expect to use it. I didn't anticipate using it with the net rolled back so it was really about ease of entry for me.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images

Explorer UL

I've got the same mod2 on the right on mine and I just had the same mod added to my son's expedition. With the asym lay I wanted to avoid the tieout near my shoulder so that's why I went with the right hand zipper (I'm actually left handed). It just seemed "right" to me but I'm sure it would be fine on either side.

I left the stock velcro slot opening on both hammocks. I figure it's an escape route in case the zipper should snag or fail.

You can't go wrong with either mod. It wasn't until I got a chance to check out a "factory" zipper that I realized how much better the work is from 2QZQ.

Good Luck

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I was also thinking about getting the number 2 or 4. but like its said above. any of them would be great work
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Don't recall the number of my mod, but I got the full-length zipper on the left side and the half-length zipper on the right side and have been very happy.

I have a HH Asym Ultra-Light. With my set-up, the left side pull out is out of the way to my left when I sit down into the hammock, and when I lay down and swing my feet into the hammock.

I also left the Velcro as is, imagining that in a rain storm that might be a more sheltered way to enter/exit the hammock. So far, I've only used it once or twice. Could really do without, but simply see no good reason to do away with it.

Hope this helps.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    WB CldB/OES McCat
    Insulation
    MAMW tq/WB uq
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopie
    Thanks to all for replies. Just wanted to make sure I was not overlooking something that I should have been considering. Now just need to decide when to send it along for the mod.

Tom

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Keep in mind, most folks like zippers on the opposite side from their dominant hand. This allows them to reach across their body and unzip, using their preferred hand.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    Keep in mind, most folks like zippers on the opposite side from their dominant hand. This allows them to reach across their body and unzip, using their preferred hand.
    I wanted my zipper on the same side as my sleeping bag zipper. That's what decided the side for me. But, I'm right-handed and those zippers are on the left hand side, so I guess I'm accidentally doing it the right way. LOL

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Since the early days of June 2008 when we modded your hammock Rainman with the Mod 2 left, the Mod 4 has been predominant. It allows for opening the netting on either side. For an extra $2 we can put triple pulls on both sides also. We can also take a Mod 2 and make it into a Mod 4! No, we can't make it into a Blackbird....
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    If it was me I'd go mod 4. Having a way to roll the netting completely away would be great.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast