JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hey-ya Drop,
    Terrific to see another hammock hanger/juggler here!
    Shug
    my goodness Shug... i already had figured out that you were a talented guy (making all that neat hammock gear), but i had no idea you were such a sought after entertainer.

i hope some of the other HF members will check out Shug's home page (found in his profile).
    and i hope we can share a camp site some time. i believe you'd be a fun guy to be around... even if you weren't preforming<G>.

BTW... do you know why the mushroom always gets invited to the party???

he's a real fun guy .... (fungi)
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Jugglers Who Hammock Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Drop View Post
    Thanks everyone and nice to know there's at least another juggler into hanging.

@Shug, your show looks amazing, very skilful, great stagecraft and very funny! I'm trying to think if we might know anyone in common... I think we're tapped into different scenes but maybe Matt Hall? (diabolo, box, bounce and toss juggling, more of a convention juggler but gets around). BTW Shug, we share the same first name.

As for getting more jugglers into hanging. I sometimes worry that if too many take it up I'd have to turn up very early to stand a chance of getting a place to hang!

My wish list for festival hanging-
    • Lightweight (carbon fibre?) portable poles and ground stakes suitable for a freestanding setup.
    • A tarp similar to the green JRB wintertarp prototype to offer me protection when hanging choice is limited. (and to keep my gear more secure)
    • A 1/2 or 3/4 down underquilt and a small thermarest combo for when the hammock might get a bit crowded and I'm forced to the ground for a short while
    • Thats about it, my needs are simple
    Hey Drop,
    I thankee for the nice words. Don't know Matt but admire his work and spirit. Do have a connection to the circus folk in Belfast. Great and skillful crowd! Your diablo work is exciting.
    We don't seem to camp as much here in the US at juggling fests so I don't see hammocks there.
    Here is a pic of my DIY tarp with flaps added for wind/rain block and privacy. Could help out when your hammock gets overcrowded
    Tarp-Flaps-Velcro-Closed.bmp

Tarp-Flaps-tied-back.bmp

Getting ready to make a 3/4 UQ myself. Deciding on down or synthetic...... for backpacking.
    Hope to meet you sometime if I ever get to the BJC.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Juggler who Hammock Camp

Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    my goodness Shug... i already had figured out that you were a talented guy (making all that neat hammock gear), but i had no idea you were such a sought after entertainer.

i hope some of the other HF members will check out Shug's home page (found in his profile).
    and i hope we can share a camp site some time. i believe you'd be a fun guy to be around... even if you weren't preforming<G>.

BTW... do you know why the mushroom always gets invited to the party???

he's a real fun guy .... (fungi)
    That is truly witty slowhike.
    I really liked looking at your photo gallery as there are lotsa good pix of hammock stuff and people from this forum.
    glad to be a small part of it all here!!!!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Golite Cave 2 tarp
    Insulation
    Exped downmat 7
    That video was amazing...I would have knocked myself out and been completely tangled in string after 3 seconds...

Hammock
    hook and bag double
    Tarp
    decathlon 3x3m
    Insulation
    snugpak underquilt
    Images
    Sweet tarp Shug, thats definitely heading the way I want to go.

I met some of the Belfast lot last a couple of times when they came over for the Bristol nine dayer (this year was the first event I hung at.) I don't know them that well but hope to pay a visit next time I am visiting relatives nearby.

If you are heading over to Europe I highly recommend the EJC, huge annual event this years in Germany. (Camping of course, but always the risk of nowhere to hang)

@Mataharihiker: Believe me, I'm that familiar with tangles that I've given some of the recurring ones names .

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12