Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A local radio station here has a call in segment so you can share your shortcut that saves commuting time. That's brilliant, eh?
    Last edited by daibutsu; 04-11-2008 at 16:10.

Hammock
    HHBP or Expr summer, diyMutts other
    Tarp
    HH Explr or HH Hex
    Insulation
    IXUQ+NeoAr
    Suspension
    Rings+Static line
    Quote Originally Posted by daibutsu View Post
    A local radio station here has a call in segment so you can share your shortcut that saves commuting time. That's brilliant, eh?
    Let me guess, that station is in DC?
    "There's no accounting for other people's taste in love, fiction and huntin' dogs." ---Mark Twain

Images
    I believe it is catching on pretty quick. I started one year ago. I use it with my son at scouting campouts. There was lots of interest. My son now hammocks. The other scout leaders are looking into them. What really got their interest was the comfort and the fact that I don't get up all crooked from the hard ground!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Cat 8'x10'
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I think it is slowly getting bigger. It will never be a huge share. It isn't for some, and others don't want to give it a try. I think there are a lot of people that try it once, and give up without putting time into figuring it out. My main reason for thinking that is the large number of hh that always seem for sale.

I did see maybe 20 or so last year.
    I just recently purchased one of those HH that was on sale on this very board. I think that majority of people, myself included, like the "all in one" aspect of the HH. It is a nice introduction to the trees. Majority go for sale because individuals have figured out their own preferences and are moving towards them. A lot of DIY work included. Which is what turned me on to hammocking. Kind of a rogue force in backpacking. I moved to VA from AZ so I figured it must be building popularity for a reason and decided to give it a try.

To get back on topic, I think majority of the HH sales are satisfied people just going a different route. Which is cool, I got a great hammock at a good price, and an introduction into a new facet of the back country. My first "official" hang will be next weekend on a birthday canoe trip. I am stoked.
    Last edited by RouX; 04-11-2008 at 20:44.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    since Ive started hanging, I have met 3 other hangers just from the AZ forums. Then Dogwood mentioned he's from the Phx area so that makes 5 of us. I think, in a way people are afraid to try things that arent socially popular, for instance REI and such have these large floor-tent display areas and never even address the idea of a hammock. REI does carry them, both ENO and Hennessy but they are in the back of my local REI on a small, dark shelf! So I guess my point is, unless REI puts one of these systems on display nobody will even think to sleep in a hammock overnight. glad Im a black sheep.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12