Hammock
    BB 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    My primary camping hammock is a Hennesy Explorer Deluxe but I spend much more time in my Eno Dn. I have it set up in my living room right now and have pend every night the past week in it. Nothing wrong with the SN at all. As long as you're happy with it that's all that matters. Keep it, you can never have too many!

Hammock
    diy or Dream
    Tarp
    MacCat delx
    Insulation
    diy & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies & Dutch
    i don't have an eno single but do have a single of another brand that is about the same dimensions. the one thing that i can say is this - it is comfortable enough but the seams sometimes feel "odd" they dont have the same stretch as the rest of the hammock body. am thinking that a single piece of fabric with no seams might offer a little bit more comfort. such as the WB traveler appears (i don't own one yet...) to be or a DIY.

Hammock
    1.9 SL DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    GuideGear12x12
    Insulation
    DIY Kmart UQ 550FP
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    OP,
    You mentioned being skinny. The advantage of a wide hammock is not to acvomodate girth. It's to allow a diagonal lay. If you lay with your head on one side and your feet on the other, you will lay "flat" as opposed to banana style. Banana style is compy for casual hammocking but for overnight, many prefer a flat lay. The wider the hammock the more room to get a greater angle which equals flat.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Cool, thanks everyone. I may consider a double once I start doing more hammock camping. But for now, since I'm just a casual hanger, I'll probably stick with my singles.

Question: is the double longer too? or just wider?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HanginLoose View Post

Question: is the double longer too? or just wider?

They are the same length.

I found the single nest's seems putting some pressure on my shoulder. I don't mind the width so much but it still has the side panels and therefore seems that bug me when lying on them. I actually cut the side panels off my DN because I found it a bit too wide for my liking. Even with the DN's side panels cut off it is still 10 inches wider than a SN but I don't have any seems to deal with.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I'm 5' and the Treklight double is great for stretching diagonally.

If you hang around here long enough and hear people going on and on and on about how great their Warbonnets and Switchbacks and Clarks and Hennessy's are, you can't wait to try 'em out to see what all the fuss is about.

And then you think, "Now I have a "real" hammock."

Apart from the Warbonnets foot box and the Switchback's tie-up-out-of-the way bugnet, and Clark's pockets, and Hennessy's bottom entry, one feature that a lot of people like is a double layer hammock.

This gives you better protection against bottom-biting skeeters and the ability to slide a pad or similar insulation between the layers. Unless you decide to go for and under quilt.

I have a $20 (now $40) Byer's of Maine Moskito Traveler. It's great and has a bugnet BUT the material sags a lot. So that's something else to consider.

You either get hooked on the gear options or don't. And our cottage industry manufacturers do outstanding work. You really do get a quality product.

Hammock
    REI Quarter Dome Air
    Tarp
    WL-Tad Pole -Black
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/MSH/Whoopie
    Although I am a noob I am very experienced with camping equipment and have been impressed with my first ENO singlenest .

First thing I did was replace the steel hooks with some ole aluminum. Then I found this forum and replace with whoopee slings (?). That's the only fault...to heavy but I imagine other tents are the same.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    There is always an ENO Single in my truck somewhere. Not a thing wrong with that hammock.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DYI UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by HanginLoose View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm just wondering what most experienced folks consider "wrong" with the ENO singlenest.

Thanks.
    I'm no expert but I don't think there is anything " wrong" with the ENO Single. It's a good hammock, my friends that have the double like that it's wider. A lot of them replace the suspension and add a ridge line.

Bearclaw

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Great to hear all these positive remarks.

I agree that the 'biners that come with the ENO are very basic and much heavier than they need to be. I replaced them with Black Diamond Neutrino biners and you can really feel the weight difference when it's all packed up. Doesn't even feel like there are 'biners in there at all.

I'm still hesitant to attach my whoopieslings "permanently" though. But that's only because I use my ENO single on my back porch more than anything, and the way I have it setup it makes the most sense to have 'biners. When I go to the park or go camping or what-have-you, I'll use my tree straps and whoopies, but my back porch rig is dependent upon the 'biners (long pointless explanation, it's fine, I don't wish to change it).

The only sad thing is that Winter is right around the corner and I won't be able to hang on my back porch enjoyably anymore. Sure I can bundle up and stuff but there's a big difference between swangnin in the summer breeze and hangin on for dear life with below zero windchills and blowing snow.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast