Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

Thumbs up jrb winter tarp moss green get a 5 star rateing

great tarp,the moss green is a great outdoorsy color to,it gets a 5 star rateing from me,it looks like a light color od green neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    you know neo and me, same wavelength all the time, hard to tell our posts apart.

Got my tarp today, it is indeed a really nice color.

What I wouldn't do to get a line on the sil source the Jack's manufacturers have on the moss green and cattail brown colors...

although to get at it I suppose one would have to buy 2000 yards a time or something....

Grizz

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    We'd all help you out, Grizz. I'd buy a lot myself...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Is the Winter Tarp the 11'x10' Cat tarp they list??

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    I back the 5 star rating...only my 5* is for the Cattail Brown one....talk about awesome color...it's the type of brown that from a distance looks like the deep dark olive drab. I've got a spool of black 550 cord for my tie outs.

for what it's worth...this short fat boy is Truely Satisfied!!!
    Alex Williams
    Acts 10:13 "Arise Peter, Kill and Eat."
    Job 14:15 "Call upon Me and I shall answer you."
    Williams Custom Calls

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredFeet View Post
    Is the Winter Tarp the 11'x10' Cat tarp they list??
    I think the thread title is a misnomer.

Speer sells the 'Speer Winter Tarp' (scroll down), which is an 11'x10' tarp. Since JRB also sells an 11'x10' tarp, the two get confused often.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I think the thread title is a misnomer.

Speer sells the 'Speer Winter Tarp' (scroll down), which is an 11'x10' tarp. Since JRB also sells an 11'x10' tarp, the two get confused often.
    Thanks - it was getting me confused.

I remember some time back that JRB had some winter tarps fashioned after the work done by Youngblood. More of a tent than my version of a tarp.

I thought maybe they were talking about those.

Whatever happened to them?? If I remember correctly, they created some excitement for a while and nothing ever happened.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredFeet View Post
    I remember some time back that JRB had some winter tarps fashioned after the work done by Youngblood...Whatever happened to them??...
    The last I heard of them, Turk was doing some extreme product field testing for them.

Perhaps one of the Jacks will chime in and give us an update.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11 Cat Cut
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alex30808 View Post
    I back the 5 star rating...only my 5* is for the Cattail Brown one....talk about awesome color...it's the type of brown that from a distance looks like the deep dark olive drab. I
    I'm thinking of painting my next project Jeep, Cattail Brown. It's become one of my favorite colors as of late.
    And JRB sent me the Green one with my 3 season setup...I like it too..
    This brings a whole new meaning to the question
    "How's it hangin?"

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    AS, et al,

Just to keep the record straight.....

JRB started proto winter tents in the late fall of 2006....They (two different models) were debuted at the January 2007 winter hang out at Mt Rogers.... Plenty of pictures abound.... The Fire retardant winter model was again exhibited at Trail Days 2007.... This is in fact the tent that Turk has been testing for several months now... Trial production runs are expected late Spring or early summer on this unnamed hex shaped hammock tent.

The ultralight JRB Hammock Hut, the other tent also debuted 15 months ago at Mt Rogers, is based on the very successful 8x8 Tarp.... The second proto type model in moss green was demoed at the Fall 2007 MAHHA in MD...The trial production run has been cut and will be sewn next week...We expect to ship the first ones to eager HF members as we go out the door to the MAHHA later this month.... This is a true 4 sided, roofed item with, four door capabilty, roll up sides, ridge vents and peaks.... It has dual rows of peg loops that allow perfect vertical alignment even on slopes.

Simmultaneous with these developments, the JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock was prototyped, exhibited at TD 2007.... Then it was redesigned and widened by 10 percent....This is key to understanding the sequence and motivation of the JRB 11 x 10 Cat Tarp...The BMBH with it longer length, design and spreader bars demanded a tarp for larger hammocks...By Fall 2007the JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp was prototyped, Somewhere around Oct 2007 it was available for pre order...Early orders were filled right at the end of the year and by mid January the full production run was received....

As I recall the Speer Winter Tarp, a similiar sized 10x11 tarp but different designed tarp was also announced in the late Fall of 2007.

Both the Speer Winter Tarp and the JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp can be pitched flat... both can be pitched as an "A".... Both can be a "winter tarp" by closing the ends... The Speer on its 11 foot ridge and the JRB on its 10 foot ridge option (the Speer bottom box is somewhat longer than the JRB, JRB "floor" size is a 5x5 box)... The trade off by swithching to the 10 foot ridge (which the SWT does not do) is the sides of the JRB are approximately 6 inches longer which allows the hammock to be hung a little higher or the side to be wide when in the "A" pitch.

Perhaps the most significant difference is that in the 11 foot ridge mode the JRB 11x10 can be pitched as a Baker style leanto or an "A" with a full side wind wall.... Both of these pitchs, which the SWT does not do, allow the hammock to be hung at full normal heaight and allow easy side walk up, entry, and use without having to enter from an end... A nice feature, especially for spreader bar type of hammocks.....The JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp was envisioned and designed for year round use with multiple options.

Hope this clarifies these two large tarps, with tent like optional pitches, and the two Hammock tents which will also be in production soon.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast