Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I find the design works well for me. As Brandon mentions I just sit in hammock, lift netting over me and lay in. The attachment point on the netting works great for me, as I can unzip a partial distance while laying in hammock and still have the netting tight and away from my head. Personally I would not like the attachment points onto the hammock.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    noted, i've recently switched the method of attachment here. someone suggested it awhile back but it wasn't done till recently.

there should be 2 strands of shockcord going through the cordlock. to configure this way:

remove cordlock, remove shockcord from ring.
    put cordlock on shockcord (about 12" from un-knotted end)
    put un-knotted end through metal ring and back through cordlock a second time

this method is much less tangle-prone. i still store one zipped inside the hammock though but that may not even be necessary.
    Gave that a try, keeps the shock cord from slipping back thru the ring...works good! Thanks for the tip Brandon.

Cheers

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Gave that a try, keeps the shock cord from slipping back thru the ring...works good! Thanks for the tip Brandon.

Cheers
    can't remember who's idea that origionally was

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I put the entry side pull out lines in the hammok and zip it up to reduce the tangles
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    I want the tie outs. They keep the net up off my face.
    I have no probs with the attachment at the net.
    It's just that I would like to be able to clip and unclip the zip side tie out for convenience.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH61 View Post
    I understand why the tie out is on the side, but it would do the same thing if it were attached to the hammock directly, instead of on the netting, wouldn't it? :-)
    Not necessarily. At least on my HH UL Explorer, one of my constant complaints was the bug netting wanting to sag down enough to touch my face. I really had to have the side pull outs perfect to avoid this. The main thing is to try hard to make sure the pull outs are attached to something higher than a stake in the ground. When attached to the ground, after hammock sag, the pull outs would always loosen up a lot and allow the net sag.PITA. But attaching to something higher is not always easy due to the tarp. Not for sure I had this problem as much with other HHs, but sure did with that Explorer, which is in fact now a no net hammock!

But about the first thing I noticed about the WBBB was a much appreciated distance between my head and any netting, due to the actual net area being pulled away by the tie outs. The net has never given me any grief once inside.

Yes, I agree it is a bit of a PITA when getting in. But like so many things I have considered to be (technically) a PITA, it really does not seem like that big of a deal for me overall. And if I want pull outs with the net flipped out of the way, it will be a simple mod to add some Grossgrain (sp?) to that area but on the bottom. Actually, good idea now that I think about it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    On Jacks-R-Better UQ the "tabs" on the UQ corresponds with the tie-outs on the HH. They keep everything in place.
    Ditto with an HHSS. Also on my MMP IX UQ which is the same size/shape as The HHSS pad. Tie outs line up.

I have had an urge to try my HHSS on my WBBB lately, but I think I might need to sew on some lower level hammock tie outs to match up with the SS.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250,Original Hennessy,WBBB
    Tarp
    HammockGear Cuben
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    somebody emailed me this question, here's what i came up with:

you're supposed to enter from the foot end so you don't have to duck under/step over any lines at all, then you just lift the netting over your head as your sitting down. you can easily raise it a foot or more for entry purposes

if the tieouts were on the hammock body and you unziped, the netting would fall into the hammock and you have to pick it up so you could sit down without sitting on it, and also if you were inside the hammock and unzip it would fall in on you. it's nice to be able to lay in the hammock with it un-zipped and not have to deal with putting the net somewhere just to keep it off you (you can still flip it completely over the edge if you want)
    Ok, This makes some sense to me. I'm not used to a side entry hammock that has tie outs on the side. I own one of the original non-asym Hennessy hammocks that has bottom entry, and a Clark NX-250 with no side tie outs. It will just take some getting used to. Thanks for the replies!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    So here is a cheap and easy solution to the tie out issue. Just take a picture hanger hook and slip the shock cord through the top and then back through the cordlock. Then use the hook to connect to the sliding ring on the cord fixed to the hammock. When you need to move the tie out out of your way just unhook it and you have have a clear path end to end on the entry side of the hammock. I tried this last night and it worked great.
    I saw this on the forum somewhere with a Dutch hook. I think I will go ahead and put a little piece of 3M reflective tape on the hook and the cordlock to make it easier to find at night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jcavenagh; 09-05-2011 at 12:06.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    And just because I had such an excellent night last night I am posting the pics of the WBBB 1.1 dbl, KAQ Potomac, and HH hex tarp in full porch mode.
    We had a glorious clear night with temps into the low 40's and just a hint of a breeze. Perfect sleeping weather!
    I wouldn't have bothered with the tarp, but the weather bunny said we might get a few sprinkles during the ealry morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jcavenagh; 09-05-2011 at 12:32.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast