Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Poncho Liners/DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies

On the clock without a watch!

First Trip Post:
    I had the great pleasure to hike a third Massachusetts AT section hike: Dalton-Cheshire (16 miles), this past Thursday-Saturday with my oldest son and best friend.
    I traditionally leave my watch home when hiking to facilitate the shift in the time space continuum. Life becomes measured in steps, water breaks, views, landmarks and not time. Thanks to the impending landing of hurricane Irene, however, we found the trail empty save for some SOBOs beat feeting it to Upper Goose Pond to whole up. But Irene led to numerous town folk taking interest in our small group, our destination and what we were going to do. Luckily our original plans called for us to be out of the woods and on the road several hours or more prior to the outer band’s arrival, but, also involved biking back to the truck to retrieve the group. The plan worked out, but the time space continuum was disturbed!
    I want to recommend this AT section hike since it is excellently maintained, possessed modest elevation gains (<1000 feet) for each summit, great views, abundant water, nice privies, great town food and ripe blackberries by the Nalgeen full!
    In watching the news reports since my return home I am sorry to see the force of Irene when it hit the mountain communities in NY, VT and MA and leveled Biblical-like destruction. Prior to heading out to this section I would suggest some investigating of local infrastructure and detours. I wish these communities well and recommend them to your attention.

p.s. The moral of the story: you can be on the clock even without a watch!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Sounds like you had a blast (even with the disruption to the timespace continuum)! Glad you didn't get caught up in the storm.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sounds fun!
    Time is three things to me in the piney woods....Walk, Eat & Hammock Time.
    No atomic time-piece required.
    Good stuff.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Walk, Eat & Hammock Time. Why that sounds just about perfect.
    "There are places in this world that are neither here nor there, neither up nor down, neither real nor imaginary. These are the in-between places, difficult to find and even more challenging to sustain." - Thomas Moore

• + New Posts