Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    OES 8 x 10 Sil
    Insulation
    HG CF 20F Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Yeah! My order(s) shipped today!

So, I gave Adam a call today to check on the status of my orders and he said they went in the mail today! So, what am I getting?

I ordered a (then) 45 - 50 F Burrow and had some M90 shipped from Thru-Hiker to Adam to make the quilt with. Adam stuffed it with 1 oz of overfill for me, just to get that extra little umph out of it! I opted for the velcro closure at the bottom to give me more of a complete seal than the snaps, but I did ask him to install one snap at the top of the velcro so I am less likely to accidentally unvlecro it...

And I do know it is a little late to be ordering the (now) 50 F top quilt, but in the Southeast it is still quite warm (it was 102 F today) and I figure it will be that way for a while so it should be good to use for another 2 months or so... Also, I did try ordering a quilt similar to this at the beginning of the year, but it didn't work out, so I finally went to Hammock Gear for my TQ (and I think I will be very happy with it...)

The 2nd item is one of Adam's 20 F Phoenix UQ using the cuben. I also asked him to put an extra oz of down in it too, again, just to give me a slight edge... And as much as I would have loved the M55 for the outer shell on the UQ, I was not about to ask the wife for a little more $$$ for it... Again, I have a feeling that I will not be disappointed with the stock 1.1 ripstop anyway...

So... I just picked up my first hammock a little while back, the GT UL from a forum member here and I have been quite happy with it. The first thing I did was to swap out the suspension for some whoopies and tree straps and it dropped the weight considerably. I have been very happy with the hammock so far and see myself using it more, which is why I ordered the UQ. I have been in the mid 60's and felt slightly cool underneath, so I knew that if I planned to continue to use it I would need something underneath me. And as much as I would like a (summer) 40 F UQ, I opted to go with the 20 F for now so that I can get more use out of it now. And as far as the top quilt, I can use my marmot Helium in quilt mode for the remainder of the year (or at least once it get's cold enough to warrant it...)

So, anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement. It seems that everyone has nothing but good things to say about HG so I don't think I went wrong...now if I can just get my grubby little hands on them...
    Jus' Sayin'

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    Congrats on the gear, Sticks. Glad to hear that you like the GTUL also. I've got one that will be on my doorstep tomorrow. I got straps and whoopies during the AHE sale, so I'm eager to put all that together. It's nice to have some good stuff to look forward to, isn't it?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    Congrats, now you do know, you have to post pics. I will be looking for a video of you discussing it also.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Great gear purchases. Can't go wrong with HG in my opinion. Love my UQs from them. A TQ is next on the list
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    OES 8 x 10 Sil
    Insulation
    HG CF 20F Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Loneoak,

I plan on doing an initial box opening video once they arrive... I am going to try to get some more stuff up on my blog this weekend, that is if I don't get called in to work...

bummer though...I just realized that since Monday is labor day that will put me behind a day...maybe it will show up Saturday...
    Jus' Sayin'

Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Images

HG

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Great gear purchases. Can't go wrong with HG in my opinion. Love my UQs from them. A TQ is next on the list
    Yup. Could not agree more. Excellent quality and the nicest people to deal with

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    OES 8 x 10 Sil
    Insulation
    HG CF 20F Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am hoping that they show up tomorrow in the mail... if not it will be a long wait till Tuesday... I will be stalking the mail woman...
    Jus' Sayin'

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Sticks, how many yards of M90 did you need to send him for the Burrow?

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    OES 8 x 10 Sil
    Insulation
    HG CF 20F Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    lilricky,

I think that he said 5 yds when I spoke to him. However, when I ordered it from Thru-Hiker I chose 2 different colors and from what I can tell 1/2 yds can not be ordered, only full yds. So, I ordered 3 yds of each. Adam said he would make me an extra stuff sack using the remaining material so that works out great!

Hopefully when the mail runs today it will be here and I will make a video and post it on my blog.
    Jus' Sayin'

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    OES 8 x 10 Sil
    Insulation
    HG CF 20F Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well bummer, no package today... maybe Tuesday...
    Jus' Sayin'

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast