Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 226
  1. #101
    Senior Member Mescudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    DH T-Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Ogee/Camo SF
    Insulation
    HG UQ/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXringHunt View Post
    That size would fit real nice. I am 5'8" and the 8ft is real comfy.

    TheXringHunt
    Thanks for answering...guess I'm gonna give the 8' the old college try

  2. #102
    New Member MokoLoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Maynard, MA
    Hammock
    DIY Black Bird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NeoAir or JCP UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    32
    So I finally finished up and got to test hang my hammock yesterday! This thing is awesome! I followed the directions almost exactly and it came out great.

    Things I did differently: I added a few feet of 'window' under the zipper with some left over noseeum. This greatly improves visibility out of the hammock. I also just flat felled the bugnet to the hammock, no grosgrain here for me.

    I'm 5-10 on a good day and the 8' hammock has some room to spare. I will be sleeping in it this weekend on a 2 nighter. Bought my fiancé a Hennessy backpacker so I plan on one night in each for comparison. If she likes either I plan on returning the HH and making her a DIY one. I think I will make her a single layer version, anyone have experience or advice on this? Thanks to everyone for all the help! Here's a pic of the test hang:



    And here's a link to a few more pics:

    http://mokoloko.imgur.com/hammock

    Moko
    Last edited by MokoLoko; 05-21-2013 at 07:51. Reason: Dead link, thanks Macca!

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by MokoLoko View Post
    And here's a link to a few more pics:

    http://mokoloko.imgur.com/hammock

    Moko
    Dead link, fixed it in my quote

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    52
    Any chance of a closeup of the extra noseeum?

  5. #105
    New Member MokoLoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Maynard, MA
    Hammock
    DIY Black Bird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NeoAir or JCP UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    32
    Macca,
    I can get you a close up tonight. Traced where it is on my phone





    Moko

  6. #106
    Member TheXringHunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Hammock
    DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY BlackCat
    Insulation
    Blue Foam Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by MokoLoko View Post
    So I finally finished up and got to test hang my hammock yesterday! This thing is awesome! I followed the directions almost exactly and it came out great.

    Things I did differently: I added a few feet of 'window' under the zipper with some left over noseeum. This greatly improves visibility out of the hammock. I also just flat felled the bugnet to the hammock, no grosgrain here for me.

    I'm 5-10 on a good day and the 8' hammock has some room to spare. I will be sleeping in it this weekend on a 2 nighter. Bought my fiancé a Hennessy backpacker so I plan on one night in each for comparison. If she likes either I plan on returning the HH and making her a DIY one. I think I will make her a single layer version, anyone have experience or advice on this? Thanks to everyone for all the help! Here's a pic of the test hang:

    And here's a link to a few more pics:

    http://mokoloko.imgur.com/hammock

    Moko
    Cool. I am real excited to see and hear of the sucess that DIY builders have had so far. I have been out of the loop for a while and kind of on the back burner. Been involved with my other hobby (Archery) trying to as much training to shoot in the Utah Summer Games this year. Anyway have fun with the Symibird hammock (as it has been nicknamed) I sure love mine and happy hanging all.

    TheXringHunt
    TheXringHunt

  7. #107
    Senior Member JohnSawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    4,696
    Images
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by MokoLoko View Post
    Macca,
    I can get you a close up tonight. Traced where it is on my phone





    Moko
    Looks great. Any better pics of the window? I'd like to see how you did that...

    John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda


  8. #108
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglyde whoopies
    Posts
    2,027
    Images
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    Looks great. Any better pics of the window? I'd like to see how you did that...

    John
    John looks like it was sewn into the strip between bugnet and zipper. I believe on the new XLC model this is all bugnet.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  9. #109
    New Member MokoLoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Maynard, MA
    Hammock
    DIY Black Bird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NeoAir or JCP UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    32
    Jazilla got it right, sorry I didn't get pics last night. I should be able to tonight. Basically I replaced half of the 8" ripstop piece between the zipper and the hammock body. I flat felled all seams where bugnet is sewn to nylon. Expect pics in a few hours.

  10. #110
    New Member MokoLoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Maynard, MA
    Hammock
    DIY Black Bird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NeoAir or JCP UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    32
    Just replaced the nylon highlighted in red with noseeum:



    Moko
    Last edited by MokoLoko; 05-22-2013 at 14:56. Reason: Darn autocorrect

Similar Threads

  1. Bridge hammock plans?
    By eviscerate3 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 13:50
  2. Thoughts on HH Explorer UL + SS after 3 years in a WBBB
    By kwpapke in forum Hennessy Hammocks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 23:41
  3. First Under Quilt - Thoughts and recommendations (wbbb)?
    By peripatew in forum Bottom Insulation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 13:40
  4. diy hammock plans
    By simonmx23 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 17:27
  5. asymmetrical hammock plans, Help!
    By krshome in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 20:34

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •