Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 226
  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Alabama
    Posts
    97
    Wanted to see if you could tweak the plans to have a 100" ridgeline (instead of 96" on the 8') and a starting length of 120" and width of 65" for the base (instead of 123" and 68" on the 8')? Let me know if you can, because I'm not sure how those tweaks would adjust any other numbers but I think it will get you the closest to a true WBBB.

  2. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Hammock
    TBA
    Posts
    15
    Really useful info. If only I could interpret the plans .

    I'm building up my first and want a similar result to what you have achieved.

    My plan is to build a mock up ( tester ) string it up and pin away with some no-seem, and test it out. Combining this with some rough patterns and dimensions you list here should go a long way to getting me to my final design, so thanks for posting.

    It's large enough to chop and taper at will so may as well do it on the fly to my body.

    Up until now I found it difficult to link up the basic hammocks with the lay/shape of the commercial brands. Your posts go a long way to filling the gaps.

    Can you post some close up's showing the sewing on the;
    -edge of the no-seeum / zipper
    -tie outs

  3. #43
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Woodstock, NY
    Posts
    7
    Thank you for the amazing plans and information.

    Please forgive me if I ask dumb questions but I知 a newby with a lot to learn.
    I just want to make sure that I understand how to put this thing together. Please see attached pdf.

    I have 1.1oz Ripstop Nylon. Is it ok for a double layer hammock? (I知 190lb)
    The third page in the pdf document is a bug screen, right? Why is it shaped symmetrically if the hammock itself asymmetrical?
    Where should I start sewing the shelf? How much space should I leave for end channel?
    Thank you so much
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #44
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spooner wi
    Hammock
    Poorbonnet yellowCanary
    Tarp
    Thai el cheapo
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Paracord
    Posts
    10
    Well, last night I ran to Walmart, bought the closest thing I could find to the material, spent 35$ for everything but the zipper, and sewed a 9 foot double layer according to your patterns, I don't know what that tape is that you refer to, but I can tell you that your patterns are great as far as fitting together. It took me 5 hours to build minus the zipper and pullouts. Photos soon, I'm gonna go do a test hang now! Thank you!

  5. #45
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglyde whoopies
    Posts
    2,027
    Images
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by leshka View Post
    Thank you for the amazing plans and information.

    Please forgive me if I ask dumb questions but I知 a newby with a lot to learn.
    I just want to make sure that I understand how to put this thing together. Please see attached pdf.

    I have 1.1oz Ripstop Nylon. Is it ok for a double layer hammock? (I知 190lb)
    The third page in the pdf document is a bug screen, right? Why is it shaped symmetrically if the hammock itself asymmetrical?
    Where should I start sewing the shelf? How much space should I leave for end channel?
    Thank you so much
    Your drawing has it almost correct. The green on the shelf/foot box doesn't go far enough. It should pass the v and go to the end of the fabric. That v is what creates the foot box.

    With the bug net, once its together your head will be at one set of pull outs and your feet will be in the foot box. You will be asymmetrical.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  6. #46
    Member TheXringHunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Hammock
    DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY BlackCat
    Insulation
    Blue Foam Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by swimbikerun247 View Post
    Wanted to see if you could tweak the plans to have a 100" ridgeline (instead of 96" on the 8') and a starting length of 120" and width of 65" for the base (instead of 123" and 68" on the 8')? Let me know if you can, because I'm not sure how those tweaks would adjust any other numbers but I think it will get you the closest to a true WBBB.
    PM Sent

    TheXringHunt
    TheXringHunt

  7. #47
    Member TheXringHunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Hammock
    DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY BlackCat
    Insulation
    Blue Foam Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by leshka View Post
    Thank you for the amazing plans and information.

    Please forgive me if I ask dumb questions but I知 a newby with a lot to learn.
    I just want to make sure that I understand how to put this thing together. Please see attached pdf.

    I have 1.1oz Ripstop Nylon. Is it ok for a double layer hammock? (I知 190lb)
    The third page in the pdf document is a bug screen, right? Why is it shaped symmetrically if the hammock itself asymmetrical?
    Where should I start sewing the shelf? How much space should I leave for end channel?
    Thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    Your drawing has it almost correct. The green on the shelf/foot box doesn't go far enough. It should pass the v and go to the end of the fabric. That v is what creates the foot box.

    With the bug net, once its together your head will be at one set of pull outs and your feet will be in the foot box. You will be asymmetrical.
    Thanks for pointing that out Jazilla, I was trying to get around to answering later today. Yes continue up to finish out the foot box. See the attached photo, it shows the symmetrical bug net but the asymmetrical lay when your feet are in the foot box. I used 1 1/2" for each end channel on the hammock. Then for the 1.1 ripstop for a double layer; for your weight you would be fine.

    TheXringHunt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TheXringHunt

  8. #48
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Woodstock, NY
    Posts
    7
    TheXringHunt and Jazilla thank you for your clarification. It makes sense now. Except the bug net shape. Should I just sew it to the straight edge of the hammock (red line in attached drawing)?

    Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #49
    Member TheXringHunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Hammock
    DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY BlackCat
    Insulation
    Blue Foam Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by leshka View Post
    TheXringHunt and Jazilla thank you for your clarification. It makes sense now. Except the bug net shape. Should I just sew it to the straight edge of the hammock (red line in attached drawing)?

    Thanks again!
    Yep, that is right. The red line in your diagram is sewn to the straight edge and the yellow follows along along the other side of the shelf that is not attached to the hammock body. One thing I have noticed the zipper is full length and on the inside layer it is ony attached to the bottom layer in the middle about 6" the other onen ends allow you to put a pad inbetween the layers.

    THeXringHunt
    TheXringHunt

  10. #50
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Woodstock, NY
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXringHunt View Post
    Yep, that is right. The red line in your diagram is sewn to the straight edge and the yellow follows along along the other side of the shelf that is not attached to the hammock body. One thing I have noticed the zipper is full length and on the inside layer it is ony attached to the bottom layer in the middle about 6" the other onen ends allow you to put a pad inbetween the layers.

    THeXringHunt
    Thanks a lot. I much appreciate your help. One more question. What is your opinion on insulated hummock? I'm thinking about 58" and about 4 Oz of down sewn to the bottom. It would save a bit of weight, but would it be functional?

Similar Threads

  1. Bridge hammock plans?
    By eviscerate3 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 13:50
  2. Thoughts on HH Explorer UL + SS after 3 years in a WBBB
    By kwpapke in forum Hennessy Hammocks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 23:41
  3. First Under Quilt - Thoughts and recommendations (wbbb)?
    By peripatew in forum Bottom Insulation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 13:40
  4. diy hammock plans
    By simonmx23 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 17:27
  5. asymmetrical hammock plans, Help!
    By krshome in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 20:34

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •