Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    while id not like to add to the "what service should be" debate, i asked brandon a ton of admittedly stupid questions and he answered all them and asked for more. i was lucky to get my camo SF before everyone else figured they were the cool thing.

im kinda glad that hes moving, thats usually because business is good and i hope it is for him and the WB crew.

either way, youll love what you get. hes good people, and does great work
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Just got a email late last nite on a question as to when Brandon might have some Super Fly Tarps in stock and answer to questions might answer some of the posts..Bandon made the move to a new shop and still working out the bugs alittle. He also bought some new cutting equipment and getting the bugs worked out of it and should have everything pretty much back to normal by wed/thurs. He made mention that if I ordered a Tarp it would be in the order as taken,,as he had several to catch up on and by end of next week he should have pretty much everything under control. It only stands to reason if you move into a new shop,,that is pretty much a pita for a while..as I myself always hated moving especially a business..and also upgrading to new equipment,,takes a bit of getting the bugs worked out of it as well,,BUT,,,in the long run,,pretty much taking into account of what he as done,,to improve his business will only improve his eventual turnaround time. As the old saying goes...."All good things comes to those that wait!" I think its great he can move, get new equipment,,and get it all done while in a bad economy,,and during kinda a heavy time frame of fall/winter BPing coming out of a hot hot summer.

Images
    my usual email answer time is 24 hours or less which is pretty decent. here lately i've been moving into a new shop and have been trying to get them cleared out every other day, but there's been a couple times where it's been 3 days, but rest assured, your email will be answered within a couple days. (my inbox is currently empty)

most tarps are on backorder, every time i think "i'll have them ready in about 2 weeks" something else comes up. the fabric has just come in, but i've had an issue with some cutting equipment i just got, i was sold the wrong thing. i hope to have that corrected around mid week so i can get tarps cut and begin production.

expect lead times to get alot shorter in the coming months as i move most production in-house. i'm thinking i should be able to get lead times down to a couple days.

i appreciate everyone's patience so far.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    just want to give a big to brandon and his customer service, when i was just getting started in the whole hammock thing i sent him several emails with my "newbie" questions and he answered everyone of them in a very timely manner and was always very informative and helpful, i could of ended up ordering a tarp from lots of different places, but chose him because of the help he gave me and also his great reputation and i couldn't be happier with my choice

keep doing what your doing brandon, class act all the way around

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Not to worry! Brandon will come through and you will thank yourself for waiting!

Dealing with these small shop cottage vendors is different than dealing with REI, and much better! Patience pays
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Nano7, HB No-See-Um-No-More
    Tarp
    sil WB Edge
    Insulation
    3 Season Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/huggers
    I have heard nothing but good things about Warbonnet products. However, I have to agree with Kayak Carl on this one that there seems to be an unusual reverence for certain gear-makers on here that almost approaches the level of orthodoxy. Customers voicing their displeasure at a long wait time, etc. are all part of the free market and the process that improves products/service over time. It doesn't matter whether you're dealing with REI or the mom-n-pop outfit down the street.

Hammock
    Nano7, HB No-See-Um-No-More
    Tarp
    sil WB Edge
    Insulation
    3 Season Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/huggers
    PS- I have been nothing but happy with my WB Edge tarp, though I bought it from another Hammockforums member and therefore had no experience with Brandon's customer service.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Some great fans of products come up with a Q & A or Freqenuently Asked Questions (FAQ) or Frequently Given Answers (FGA) on an accessory web page or blog. There is currently a long thread complaining of, but also giving best-usages for a WBBB feature.

That's fresh in mind, and I'm not a WBBB owner or ever-user, just credulous and admiring that the product, more than others, is the result of much thought and experimentation and trial and rejection of alternative solutions, also known as evolution.

Most of the development that might benefit current users is not documented, unfortunately. Leaving the owners to wonder how best to use it, and sometimes frustrated in not using it as intended

Fans here could compile and edit, from archives, a Q & A, FAQ, FGA; and either post to a linked blog, or give it to WarbonnetGuy to use.

It might free him up of what I referred to as "handholding", and others as "customer service." Your goal, I assume, is to have been admired early adopters of a great commercial success.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    ill say this about ALL cottage guys, not just hammock makers ( i deal a lot with custom motorcycle parts too)

i dont like to wait. so when i order from places like REI or another big company, i expect them to ship and get it to me asap, or at least within the predetermined time.

but, with these smaller, more home based shops, i dont mind waiting. i know they dont usually keep everything they sell/make in stock because not everyone can afford to keep a full supply, and they want to send out good products. i know that what i order from them will be of the best quality, and if you order it will be the same quality because the maker, shipper, owner, R&D/Q&C guy is usually the same person.

i also realize that they would be getting orders from different areas, not just this site, so his workload will vary greatly. i can appreciate the quality of something hand made and made right here in the USA, knowing i probably wouldnt ever have to return it because someone who i could never call up and wring their necks over the phone sent me the wrong or defective product.

but no matter what or who, shipping and communications should be kept within reasonable time frames.

this isnt to condone smaller companies taking liberties, but to put some things in perspective. things happen when youre the only guy, or one of few. like moving to better serve the client base!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB1.1
    Tarp
    Suprfly/MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    3-Season TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I have to say that I had a great experience ordering from Brandon. He answered all my emails promptly and I received my shipments in something like a week. And to top it all off, the hammocks, tarps, and under quilt are all top notch.

Keep up the good work and enjoy unpacking, Brandon. Moving sucks.
    WBBB 1.1 (Coyote Brown)
    SuperFly Tarp / MacCat Deluxe Tarp (Coyote Brown)
    TQ: Warbonnet 3 Season
    UQ: HammockGear 3 Season Incubator
    Mystery Ranch Kodiak or SweetPea / Gregory Z55

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast